The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Insane92 / Keith Hopmann / [email protected]

beaner

I've been beyond patient and given Keith MANY chances to man up and fix this problem, but all he has done is dick me around. I just want the part or my hard earned cash back. I don't understand why this has to be so difficult. It's not even a large amount of money and I've been stringed along for weeks and weeks. It's to the point now that I've been taking it more as a personal insult than him just being a deadbeat seller. I'm not sure what to do at this point except forewarn people to not deal with him.

Paid for a part in this thread. He requested the payment to be a "gift" to avoid the paypal fees, which was a stupid thing to do on my part as I couldn't file any type of complaint when the transaction went sour.

Here are the PMs.

8/2/10 Insane92: [email protected] (please send as a gift). I'll ship tomorrow.
8/2/10 Beaner: done and done. thanks man.
8/2/10 Insane92: Payment received. I'll send tracking info tomorrow.
8/10/10 Beaner: any news on this part?
8/22/10 Beaner: Never received this.

I called him on the 26th. When you google his name, his phone number is littered everywhere. I called, talked to someone I KNOW was Keith, and he pulled the whole "uhh uhh there's no Keith here". BS.

The phone gods must have telepathically told Keith I was trying to contact him, because the very next day he shows the first sign of life since receiving payment. I receive an email saying he would send the part and couldn't refund because his paypal account was locked up. Shocking.

Skip ahead 10 more days to the 6th of September, he finally emails me back saying he couldn't find the part (wtf?) and was still waiting on paypal.

On the 21st of September he says he sent a refund via envelope. Guess what never shows up in my mailbox?

I have not heard from him since. I sent him payment almost 9 weeks ago.

I am not the only person to have problems with Keith.

3 (6th post from bottom)

Contact Info:

Keith Hopmann
Watertown, WI 53098

[email protected]
[email protected]

920-253-6966
920-248-1759

Insane92
meiskeith
Keith H
keith4g63
dontstartmoddin
96neon

Last edited:

insane92

You know, I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't receive the money for whatever reason. But after making a post full of lies, like you talking to me on the phone when I've never talked to you on the phone, **** you dude.

In regards to the links. 1) I sold something I didn't personally have in my possession. My mistake, have never done that since. He did get everything he paid for. 2) That guy tried scamming me and after he knew I wasn't going to fall in his trap, he turned the blame on me. We eventually worked it out. 3) Everyone was sent there parts and you were refunded.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve

Its been over 2 months. At what point were you "going to give him the benefit of the doubt"? Do you have proof that he received the money? That you sent the money? Do you contend that you did send it?

beaner

Quoting insane92:
, **** you dude.

See, this sums up the entire transaction perfectly. I sent the payment as a 'gift' to save YOU the fees, wait weeks and weeks, and you have the audacity to come in here and curse me out because you can't handle selling car parts on the forums. Do you understand the concept of selling something on the internet? It's a very simple process. You either ship it or refund if you're unable to. That's it. If something aside of what's promised comes up, you contact the buyer, not the other way around. There is not one ethical reason to disappear, not contact, not ship, not refund, ignore PMs, take money for parts you don't have, etc.

Quoting insane92:
But after making a post full of lies

So you were going to make this situation right, but decided not to after I made this thread? I waited forever to make this thread man. Way longer than I should have. Your reply here is the first time I've heard from you in about 3 weeks. If this thread didn't exist I still would not be hearing from you.

And to suggest my post is full of lies is ridiculous. Maybe our definition of a lie is different. Here's what I consider a lie. Saying you've done something or are going to do something, when you intend the exact opposite. You know, like making a FS thread of parts you don't plan to ever ship out, or accepting payments and saying you'll ship with tracking the following day, or saying you'll send a refund and not doing so (unless paypal holds your hand through the process after mulitple complaints). Stuff like that.

Quoting insane92:
1) I sold something I didn't personally have in my possession. My mistake, have never done that since

Interesting, as you did the exact same thing to me.

You disappeared with people's money on this forum. Communication was nonexistent. You never sent the part. You never replied to PMs. You never sent a paypal refund. You ignored my paypal refund request. It's of no surprise the envelope with money you claim to have sent never arrived BECAUSE IT WAS NEVER SENT. Everything else you have said in the past 9-10 weeks has had ZERO follow-through. How could this possibly be any different? There is no benefit of the doubt to be given here. If I got it, do you think I would continue with this? I come on here to talk about cars and trade parts and maybe make some friends along the way. I don't want anything to do with drama like this. Just stop being a dick about it send my money back like any other respectable person would.

insane92

I'm not going to waste my time arguing on here. Either this weekend or next I will fly out to you and personally hand you $10. I fly for free and I have your address. I will email you as soon as I find out when I can make it. Bye.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Gentlemen,

Why can't we just resolve this the easy way?

Kieth, it sounds like you've made an honest effort and have resolved all your past issues.

Can't you just send him the money, maybe add a buck or two for some beer, and it's done resolved.

Everybody moves on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

atc250r

Staff member
OK. This is going nowhere and has come down to vague threats of showing up at the buyer's house.

Keith,

Can you explain why the buyer has not gotten either his money or his item after almost 3 months? I cannot fathom why the part could not be shipped or the money returned by now. Whatever the buyer may have said in this thread (which was started over 2 months after he paid for his item) none of it should be preventing you from holding up your end of the bargain.

EDIT: I cross posted this with Toybreaker, I don't want to give the impression that the mods are "ganging up" on anyone, I'm just genuinely curious as to why this is such a problem.

John

Last edited:

insane92

It wasn't until a few weeks after he sent payment that he asked for a refund if I could not ship the part. The part was not shipped because I misplaced it somehow. I told him I would refund his money, or if I find the part ship it, as soon as I was able to. My paypal was locked from a late shipping dispute (has since been resolved) so I couldn't. Another week or so went by and he emailed me asking what was going on, but my paypal account had still yet to be resolved. So I told him i'd just send him a money order so he wouldn't have to wait any longer. He suggested I just send $10 in an envelope, which I did. I didn't here anything from him for awhile so I ASSumed he got the money. He emailed me few weeks later saying he didn't. That's when he made this thead filled with partial truth and nonsense lies.

I do agree though that all this over $10 is seriously rediculous and I want this to be done.

And btw, I didn't threaten anybody.

beaner

Quoting insane92:
Keep talking. I'll be seeing very soon, buddy.

Seeing what very soon? I don't understand you dude. Honestly. If you're flying here to meet me, just do it. Saying you're going to, then not is *gasp* another lie on your behalf.

Quoting insane92:
That's when he made this thead filled with partial truth and nonsense lies.

If it wasn't you on the phone, then fine. Otherwise I have no idea what you are referring to.

This thread is a review on the transaction and experience I had with you. I don't want the money anymore. Donate it to the board or turn it into a roll of quarters and stick it where the sun don't shine. Either way I don't give a sh*t.

I hope this is my last reply to this thread.

Cheers,

atc250r

Staff member
I think all parties have made their feelings known and since it would be counterproductive to lock a thread in here let's all just leave it at that.

John

Specifically asked username insane92 for a trunk release cable and he sent me a fuel door release cable instead. When I contacted him, he advised that he would be sending me the right part but never did.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrt0mjones

I'll report another issue.

This is tied to DSMTuners, but I have had a recent opportunity observed with his communication and focus.

I have been unable to receive a refund or the item.

I have been more than understanding.

prove_it

More details please.

DJ1263

Hello,

I joined just to give the Galant community a heads up as well.

It seems I am also victim to this member also from DSM Tuners. I had paypal'd $400 on May 28th for an EVO III 16g around the same time as the previous poster.

It's been over 2 weeks and Keith has not responding to my texts, emails to his yahoo address or messages from me on the DSM forums. We had a nice chat while texting about certain things, he seemed like a stand up guy.

I'm really at a loss for words, makes you not trust anyone these days.

I have a plan of action but I hope the word gets put out there about this scammer.

If I hear anything at all I'll will keep you all informed.

regards,

Jeff

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts