The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wheels an offset..

Typhoonguy

I know this horse has been beat to death. But for the life of me i cant find it with the search function. In the near future i will be putting wheels on my gvr4. An i need some ideas, i want to go no bigger than a 16in wheel. As far as width goes i think i can stuff an 8 in wide? But where i get lost is the offset, what would be a good offset? I want to have my wheels stick ever so slightly out of the fenders. To give you an example, i want them to stick out the width of a deck of cards. Also im going to be streaching the tires to the wheels. Can anyone give me a little advice? I think stock offset is 35mm? Also + offset pulls the wheel further out an - pushes the wheel further in?? Right?? Sorry for all the newb ?'s was never very wheel savy.. Thanks guys
Steve

prove_it

My advice if your going to do the ridiculous act of hellaflush on a GVR4 is simply this:

Sell the GVR4, buy a damn Honda or VW.

We don't do that stupid crap here.

manikbastrd

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

coyotes

You can hellaflush all you like but no one is gonna help you here, Lol.

If you wanna be gangster get some 18x10.5" +18 offset on some 225/30/18. You'll need fender flares and about 10 degrees of camber. Enjoy

MellowVR4

VDUB and bag it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Typhoonguy

Ok im glad i got great advice, maybe everyone is missing my concept here. I want the vehicle to sit flush to the tires!! Im sick of school bus style wheel gap. I also said i dont want to go any bigger than a 16in wheel an no wider than 8in. I believe a 7in would fit nicely. If this makes me a bad person an no one wants to help so be it.

manikbastrd

Known Wheel and Tire combinations

This is google-able...Most users on this forum just don't want to see any VIP status or stretched tires on a GVR4. We try and keep the rice to a minimum around here. Stuff like this:

Civic

As opposed to this:
Galant

That is why you have received a poor response. The link above has a lot of good combinations.

Last edited:

Typhoonguy

I really want to stick 4 lug. Just to keep is stupid simple ya know. Yeah as far as ricing the galant out.... No way she is a classic!! I just want a mean stance that will make your dick wiggle a little when ya see it. I found some rota slip streams that i really like they are 16x8 with a 40 offset. Does this sound like it might fit? I have also ordered the bc coil overs

prove_it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Stance. You just had to say it.

Typhoonguy

Sorry i here hellaflush thrown around alot at work, kinda an old guy here. I guess i used the term wrong, but yes what i am looking for is STANCE in a 16in wheel.. Thanks for helpin an old guy out

coyotes

Quoting Typhoonguy:
I really want to stick 4 lug. Just to keep is stupid simple ya know. Yeah as far as ricing the galant out.... No way she is a classic!! I just want a mean stance that will make your dick wiggle a little when ya see it. I found some rota slip streams that i really like they are 16x8 with a 40 offset. Does this sound like it might fit? I have also ordered the bc coil overs

You would need a lower offset to run wheels that are flush with the fenders. +40 is probably close to OEM wheel offset.

4 lug will hurt your options a bit but not too bad.

Typhoonguy

Ok so a 40mm off set is slightly in towrds the center of the vehicle. So if i bought like a set of 5mm spacer plates it should work. Thanks for the info so far guys, an sorry for the confusion lol

mitsuturbo

Or just get wheels with 35mm offset. There are a few options out there. I know a 17x8 ET35 requires some neg. camber. about -2 to -2.5 i believe.

coyotes

You would need a 20mm or bigger spacer to flush out the stock wheels in back. 5mm won't do much.

coyotes

For reference an evo 8 17x8 +35 wheel sits pretty close to flush. Not perfect, but I guess that depends on how close you want to be:

145686-0-0-0.jpg

This is the setup I'm wanting to run, I would probably add a spacer in back to perfect the fitment to my liking.

Last edited:

prove_it

My evo 8's bolted on with no camber needed. I think they look fine as is, but will probably add 5mm spacers in the rear. I'm at stock ride height, but will be doing coilovers soon, and by looking at it, I doubt I'll need much camber or any need to "tuck" the rims.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts