The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BMW e36 headlights on vr4

bmxr152

Just wondering has anyone tried to fit bmw e36 headlights into our cars? I remember back in the day when I had a 3rd gen maxima the e36 headlights were the exact same dimensions. Just looking to get something like the 93 headlights but cant find any.

manikbastrd

I really really really really doubt they would fit...something else might. I know there was a guy who modded some J30(?) headlights to fit, but had some hood gap issues...Also, please don't say it's because you want to convert to angel eyes later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Last edited:

bmxr152

No I could care less about angel eyes. Just my stockers are getting old and the reflective chrome inside is peeling off and making the headlights dimmer.

G

Staff member
Why not just install vr4 specific units?

600x450_2014043000100.jpg

cheekychimp

^^^ What the hell are those? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited:

bmxr152

Well i cant find any 93 headlights and if i was going to get something that would be my choice. I guess i could spend some and get the jdm versions.

G

Staff member
I'll be posting them fs shortly.

bmxr152

That does look pretty good always like the e30 bmw front ends

Wookalar

Damn that silver galant is pretty mean looking. Would love to see more pics of it.

manikbastrd

Quoting CutlassJim:
DSC_0910.jpg

Looks pretty boss to me.

This whole thing in general just makes me happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

raptorWagon

What you guys probably don't see other than CutlassJim is, that Eterna also runs a Evo 7 head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

DSC_0917.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wookalar

Same here. Not sure how much I like it but a shorter exhaust system is good for some weight savings. But having the turbo up in front makes turbo swaps or removal install so easy.

Good looking car none the less, Im interested in seeing it with the hood closed.

jcrimboli

That thing is wild, I like it. I'm pretty sure the guy didn't spend the time and money to shave weight from the exhaust system though...

prove_it

The shorter exhaust doesn't save much weight, but it helps with power since the piping has less bends and less length. Technically it makes more sense. Plus the oil pan won't pick up radiant heat from the exhaust.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned