The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone got roof racks?

JamesFoster

LOL at this thread from the dead. I have a roof rack with bike attachments. It's off the car right now though.

Wookalar

Im interested in getting a roof rack for my bike, which is the better rack? Thule or yakima? I don't want a rack that has those metal tabs that wrap around the side of the roof, hoping to use the attachment points under those long rails.

Found this awesome thread.

click

And this one...

click

Last edited:

turbowop

I prefer Thule based on looks, but both are excellent products. Yakima is cool since that's the name of the city I live in, although I think they're made in Utah or Colorado. Weird.

You know my other opinions based on our PM conversation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

alansupra94

I got my Yakima roof rack for free (yay craigslist). I cracked the diffusor so I need to either fix this one or get a new one....

manikbastrd

Wow, some serious hate going on...I agree that if you get complacent, our cars will end up like every other DSM out there with stupid paint and ugly body kits. The one thing I will say in defense of having a roof rack is that it makes you car look more sleeper, and cops would look at you even less than just driving a galant...then again with all the screwbarus out there with roof racks and performance parts it might not help all that much haha

gvr4ever

So where are you guys buying all these racks? I've never really looked, but I'm thinking of taking up kayaking again.

I don't know about a rack for looks, but I thought it was pretty sweet when AMS had one on the track. Just to rub it in that a boxy 4 door sedan with a rack was spanking on everyone.

coyotes

my car came with the mitsubishi feet and crossbars, I got my ski box from goodwill. You can find them on craigslist also. Or buy new, but that is $$$$$

kama1

Heres mine.always used for parts delivery(dont mind me,a friend took the pic)
Piaa terzo feet and bars.

Last edited:

coyotes

Updated my setup, I have a truck now so no need for that big box anymore. Got a yakima fat cat 6 on my rack instead.

Last edited:

coyotes

Well I actually use my ski rack, most of the turds around here with ski racks on VWs have never seen snow.

but I got my unicycle and my shitty beer in the back.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned