The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Does anyone know the exact weight of the GVR4 rear seats?

4dr_vr4

I'd like to know what the weight is. I have searched around to no avail. The weights for EVO rear seats and DSM seats are published everywhere.

Thanks for any info.

LIV4PSI

I weighed just the top section and it was 25lbs, so approx 50lbs for both

LIV4PSI

Quoting 4dr_vr4:
Thanks, the bottom feels much lighter but I could be wrong.

So, you have the seats removed from the car. Instead of stepping on a house scale and weighing them, you posted a thread?

raptorWagon

Not everyone is concerned about their weight? Thus no need for house scale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

LIV4PSI

True, the reason I bought mine was so I could weigh car parts for shipping. Any household that has a woman living there has one though. So the OP must be between those magical ages of 18-25 where he gets to leave the seat up

Unfortunately, since buying my scale it has made me realize maybe I should have been concerned with my weight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited:

4dr_vr4

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Quoting 4dr_vr4:
Thanks, the bottom feels much lighter but I could be wrong.

So, you have the seats removed from the car. Instead of stepping on a house scale and weighing them, you posted a thread?

I remember that the bottom cushion doesn't weigh much, but don't have my car right now....and you are right in that plenty of folks who are between the ages of 18-25 don't need to worry about weight or toilet seat position. If you play your cards right, you don't have to worry about that for life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4dr_vr4

Rear Seat Bottom Cushion GVR-4 = 16 lbs.
Rear Seat Bottom Cushion EVO 8 cloth = 10 lbs.
Rear Seat Top Cushion GVR-4 = 26 lbs.
Rear Seat Top Cushion EVO 8 cloth = 18 lbs.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned