The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another one bites the rust

Tommyd

So this past year I've been all over the place while trying to build 610 to a respectable sleeper. Now that its finally a bit warmer and I'm all settled in after moving back to New York from the mid-west, I bought a bunch of bushings and had the goal of dropping the rear sub and doing all the bushings, wire brushing down the undercarriage and Por15 a few what I thought were small rust spots by the under the car and behind doglegs. Got it up on the lift, drop the sub frame and get to work. Driver side was still really solid, passenger side however, well.

and then

I've decided to stop pouring money into this car and start looking to reshell, possibly even parting out and start over. Just sucks because everywhere else has a minor amount of surface rust that a hand wire brush could take off and be resprayed pretty easily. And it was just starting to all come together. She was just so pretty sitting up there at first

and then I know there are other people on here who enjoy 240s so my buddies beautiful s14 sr swapped with a gt2876. With the Kaaz 1.5 way rear, its a blast to drive

fuel

if the rest of the shell is reasonably rust free I would just fix up that patch and work with what you have. It doesn't look too structural and it wouldn't even need to be a pretty repair given the body cladding covers it.

Tommyd

Well the underside of it is gone(cant show it with a piece of wood on the pinch weld) and it extends to the B pillar section of the car. I did have my friend who is a welder look at it and say he could make a new rocker pretty easily, but it would be a late summer/fall project when work slows down so maybe it wont be as bad. If I build something, I dont want it to look less than factory, even if it is under cladding.

dsm10o0

Ill take that front bumper if you decide to part it out.

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
Vultures, roll in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned