The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1751/2000

fourforty

hey just got my galant VR4 last week. i was told to sign up here to help learn about my car and/or find parts. if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. so i'm looking for a new hood front grill and front bumper and possibly a new VR4 trunk lid badge. or if anyone knows how to repair these items i would love to know how. i also have other questions but ill save those for when i get more acclimated to the cite. if pictures would help just ask and i can post pics of the body problems.

transparentdsm

well just in general PICTURES!!!

welcome to the site. this is a great community with very smart people. questions are always welcome and don't call it a DSM. haha you'll understand after a while.

Last edited:

minneSNOWta

Welcome. I am from Eagan, but live in Duluth. We have about 10 or so guys from MN on the forum. If you are punctual and use proper grammar, then more people are willing to help you. Post those pics up and we will try to help you as best we can.

EHmotorsports

welcome! we look forward to Pics and LOTS OF THEM!!! it doesn't matter what condition it is in we love it all. we all started somewhere and sometime. most are straight to the point but we mean well so thick skins survive.

jnava

Staff member
Welcome. Your seller was correct, this is the source of knowledge you are seeking. Most of us play well with others but don't mind it if someone messes with you. Please post up pics of said car and give us your short term goals and long term goals for this car. BTW, congrats on your new money pit.

fourforty

sorry for the wait snow and life tend top get in the way of everything. so this is my new daily driver and project car. i bought the car about 2 weeks ago now and i am loving it.
parts list as of when i got it is as follows.

evo 8 inter cooler
egr block off plate
coil packs
Plymouth laser short throw shiftier
and a manual boost gauge slapped on to the dashboard

so things i want to fix is the front bumper that was poorly modified for the exposed inter cooler look. also i want to put the fog lights back in. from what i am told they "fell out"

next i like the front grill but i am missing a diamond i either want to get it fixed or get a new one. my eventual goal is to have what i think is called the jdm eterna badge. also i want to get a new hood or fix this one for obvious rusty reasons.

one minor detail that bugs me is the funky gap with the hood and the headlight.

rust under doors and plastic trim is going to get fixed this summer if all goes well.

i will also be painting up the black trim.

i want to have these badges in the back looking amazing. either replacing them or getting them redone. but i don't know where to get them redone at. also the Dunwoody MCAP magnet is from my school. i am working at a jeep dealership. formerly a jeep eagle dealer. but the magnet will not stay there forever.

boost gauge the size of the moon. that particular one is going away.not sure if its getting replaced yet.

last bit for a little while. but the headliner was ripped out also the sunroof has no button so i am hoping to replace this before summer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif personally i would have waited on tearing the headliner out until i had a new one ready to go. but it is what it is. i am debating black suede for the headliner. if you have questions just ask!

MellowVR4

May I ask how much you pay'd for this beast.

fourforty

he was asking 2,800 but i got it for 2,400. i also got a bunch of other things with it including H beam eagle connecting rods.

i'm sorry that its blurry, but i was outside without gloves in about 15 degree weather.

Jesus_Negros

Welcome.

G head is going to explode when he see this.

Hittman

Damn dude $2800 for all that hassle?...I mean welcome, I guess if you have the time and money go ahead wit yo bad self.

GSTwithPSI

If there's that much rust showing on the surface, I'd hate to see what's hiding under all the body panels. Good luck, it looks like you are going to need it.

G

Staff member
Looks like a sweet winter beater. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Forget painting anything or replacing the headliner, just drive that thing till the wheels fall off. Which won't be much longer.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

Your sunroof is not OEM. It was a dealer installed option. That is why the headliner looked like crap and was just stretched fabric with no cardboard backing.
The sunroof switch would have been mounted near the driver's side visor and is fairly small in size.
There have been a few other cars on this board pop up with these dealer installed sunroofs. Good luck with the project.

minneSNOWta

Hey man, did you get my PM?

transparentdsm

Quoting G:
Looks like a sweet winter beater. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Forget painting anything or replacing the headliner, just drive that thing till the wheels fall off. Which won't be much longer.

thats the first kind thing ive heard you say about a rusted out VR4 and i also have to agree, don't fix it just drive it into the ground.

fourforty

i honestly don't think i could rightfully run it into the ground. i will daily drive it for a while but i just cant justify getting rid of it. it is quite the step up form my last car. also i am very nostalgic about cars in general.

also minneSNOWta i did get your pm. I've tried to send you one twice now not sure if i'm doing it right.

G

Staff member
You say that now, just wait till it breaks down on you.

raptorWagon

Welcome!

For $2800, I would have walked away from it or haggled down to $1500 with that much cancer showing through on the exterior.

transparentdsm

^ i think in most cases all of us would have walked away and im sure thats one of the reasons we never saw it for sale on this site.. were snobs and we all would have torn that thing apart in the for sale thread and he probably would have gotten 1200 from someone on here and whoever that person might have been they would have still bitched about the price..

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned