The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WB question

Diego

I have V3L and want to log my MTX-L... Reading the directions provided what would be the best place to put the wire(s) provided with the gauge.

Also best place to source a 12v switched power source. When I picked up the Galant years back everything was ran through the LF speaker and there is still that wiring there to use.

Where could I find the headlight power wire to functionally use the dimming option for night driving so as to not blind myself from the bright (daytime) setting.

Thanks guys,

Diego

jnava

Staff member
I wired the the wb from the lighter 12v and tapped into the line the runs into the ring light , which is turned on with your lights.

transparentdsm

Quoting Diego:
I have V3L and want to log my MTX-L... Reading the directions provided what would be the best place to put the wire(s) provided with the gauge.

Also best place to source a 12v switched power source. When I picked up the Galant years back everything was ran through the LF speaker and there is still that wiring there to use.

Where could I find the headlight power wire to functionally use the dimming option for night driving so as to not blind myself from the bright (daytime) setting.

Thanks guys,

Diego

for loging i use the EGR temp sensor(pin 15) and change everything in link to run the 5 volt wire in there. im not sure if the mtx-l has a presetting in link, so yuou need to look at the mtx-l linear scale and see what voltage it is when it is at 14.6-7 and match that to one of the preset wideband voltage so it reads correctly.

for the headlight switch use one of the interior lights behind the dash like the ashtray light, or grab a test light and find out which one of the fuses only has power when you turn on the parking lights and use that. that way you never blow out the gauges leds.

for the 12v use the radio wire.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned