The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

B16g

Yao

Where can I get a brand new authentic B16g now a days?

yao

tektic

Make one.

Turbo lab cut me a nice cover for my turbo. He can machine a tdo5 14b to a bastard 20g. It's a lot more affordable than buying new. Fp sells new though. There are plenty of better options than a b16g these days.

Yao

Yeah, starting find that out... I really wanted a T3, but can't decide what Manifold with external to run with. Any suggestions?

EfiniX

MAP makes a great T3 mani, but it's serious $$$$. Forced Performance is having a terrific sale right now and you can get an OEM fit racing mani for $175. I'm using one on my current build and it looks sexy as hell with my 20g.

EfiniX

Quoting Yao:
Yeah, starting find that out... I really wanted a T3, but can't decide what Manifold with external to run with. Any suggestions?

speak of the devil....

click

CutlassJim

Quoting EfiniX:
MAP makes a great T3 mani, but it's serious $$$$. Forced Performance is having a terrific sale right now and you can get an OEM fit racing mani for $175. I'm using one on my current build and it looks sexy as hell with my 20g.

That doesn't look like a 20G from that angle.

prove_it

It looks clocked way wrong. Look at the oil drain, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Turbo failure in 3....2.....1.....

EHmotorsports

Haha that turbo has been on that car for years the way it's setting right now. No shaft play at all. You do know the engine leans slightly right? When it's in the car it is very close to straight up and down.
Another thing is it has to be positioned that way to clear the engine mount.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

Before anything is said. I hope you know I didn't mean my last post in a negetive way. I'm sure it came off that way.

EfiniX

Quoting prove_it:
It looks clocked way wrong. Look at the oil drain, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Turbo failure in 3....2.....1.....

Yeah, the perspective is wonky for sure, but the setup is solid. 90k just like that with no issues. Well save for injector system, but that's a different system entirely.

EfiniX

That doesn't look like a 20G from that angle.

Evidently a that angle makes a few things look off. Definitely a 20g, though. Here it is next to an HX35

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Now it looks even less like a 20G. Looks like an old Garret compressor cover and a bullseye bolt on turbine housing. I'm on my phone in an airport or I'd post a pic of an MHI 20G.

CutlassJim

Compressor cover looks different, turbine housing looks different, center section looks different, and wastegate actuator looks different.

Super_20G_1G_DSMwebsite.jpg

Yao

okay, looks like 16g is out, I am looking for a none ball bearing t3 that is common and cheap to get, don't need too much power, around 350-400. More over, easy install and compatibility above all. I like the way stock manifold have the bolts from top for easy disassembly, but I need a T3 with external and won't crack, prefer cast, but the suggested on at the for sale section seems good.

fuel

it could have a 20G compressor wheel fitted to whatever turbo he is running.

EHmotorsports

After looking at it closer I think it could be a T3 60.

EfiniX

Quoting EHMotorsports:
After looking at it closer I think it could be a T3 60.

Wait, seriously? Well that would be news to me (and the previous owner).

That being said, I can't say I would be shocked given how much stuff we found tearing the car down that didn't jive with the PO's parts list. Like the 264 cams that he thought he had...

If you can confirm, I'll update my build spreadsheet. The turbo is still rock-solid, so the bit that's most important to me is taken care of. I just thought I had a 20g in a weird housing. I'm going to have to check the workbook for the receipts. At least the PO got that right!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts