The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

starter wire manual swap ( neutral safty switch)

tektic

Im looking at a manual and an auto harness side by side. The auto harness has the black and yellow wire going from c-15 out to the transmission. It does not return into the cabin. I have two open wires now. Black with white stripe and black with yellow stripe.

The black and yellow in the manual car never passes through the fire wall. It instead gets run to the open pin on c-08.

If I just run this wire to the empty pin on c-o8 will it work properly is the ignition wired differently?

I can't find the starter plug on the manual harness. And I think the colors are different. What are the cookies for the starter plug wires?
First image is at second is mt

89Mirageman

I've swapped a few auto mitsu cars over to manual. There is usually one large plug that plugs into the transmission. Two of the wires in that plug will be a lot larger than the others. I cut them, tie them together and solder them and this bypasses the safety switch and allows the starter to turn over when you hit the key. I never bother with any of the plugs under the dash. Is this what you're asking?

tektic

That was my original thought on the matter. Then I noticed the differences while adding a shield to my knock sensor. I figured I'd post my findings. Thanks for the response.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned