The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Metal Body Parts From a Rusty VR4 # 1821

4g63mightymax

Hi,

UPDATE:
I have cut up and scrapped most of 91 GVR4 # 1821/2000. Here is the latest FS.

Anybody need a:

- Rear subframe / rear control arms / non-lsd diff? It's all rusty but there. B/O
- Sunroof Roof? $100 with the sunroof still installed.
- Trunk lid with some rust? $25?
- Rear wing B/O
- Hood with some rot and 4 broken bolts (This will be scrapped soon)
- Front fenders - bottoms are rusty(These will be scrapped soon)

I'm in north-central Massachusetts.

Here is a sample of the rust to make you sad FWIW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
rusty-GVR4-1821pile_5.jpg

Last edited:

4g63mightymax

Roof will be coming off soon, and cut off body panels are going to the scrap man this weekend. I'm keeping a few body pieces. Anybody local need any specific body metal? Trunk floor is good, roof is great, quarters are pretty good...

GVR4-1821.jpg

CutlassJim

Where is the nose? I need the panel where the factory intercooler pipe goes through under the passenger side headlight. Mine got cut up with a butter knife by someone trying to fit an ETS pipe though there.

4g63mightymax

Jim - I assume that is part of the radiator support? Can you find a picture of it and show me? I took one small section of the radiator support for my car, hopefully you didnt need that same piece. If I have what you need though, I will save it for you.

Sean - Hood hinges! - Yes I have both of those. I'm not sure of the condition though. Are you picky? Or do you just need something usable?

Oh and this.

GVR4-1821_roofless.jpg

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Where the horn mounts on the passenger side. The whole piece would be baller. Looks like it's all cut up on Marks car too.

944a7fb853d78fd.jpg

4g63mightymax

That is the exact piece that I already cut off and kept for my car, because mine was gone too. Fail. Sorry about that. Can I interest you in a passenger side quarter panel instead? Maybe a roof?

CutlassJim

Is the roof made of aluminum? If so I will take it. How is the rear of the car under the bumper? Specifically where the tow hook bolts to the car on the drivers side. I have a whole hole there.

4g63mightymax

- The roof is steel, so you don't want it.

- I will check on the rear tow hook areas. I know I swept up a lot of the car (rust), so there may or may not be any metal back there. I will report back in the next 24 hours.

4g63mightymax

Jim, the rear tow hook area was rotted out and overall trash. Boooo.

GSX_TC

You wouldn't happen to have one of those knobs that move the a/c vents up and down? Lost one of mine some how.

4g63mightymax

I'm actually keeping the whole dash and most of the interior for when I swap my rhd car back to left hand drive.

I also scrapped the whole back half of the car yesterday fwiw. I still have the door shells,hood, trunk, and rear suspension and diff though. The hood will get scrapped next week , the rest, feel free to make an offer. Also, I'm not shipping anything large. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CutlassJim

If you get any really good offers I can help ship large stuff from my work.

4g63mightymax

Okay, thanks Jim!

4g63mightymax

I do still have the right front fender. It has a dent /scrape about 3 inches long right in the middle of the fender really close to where it meets the door. It also has rust on the bottom so the metal is a bit thin. I'm guessing that it will end up in the scrap pile next Saturday morning.

4g63mightymax

Also, this is what a VR4 looks like in the back of a 4G63 powered Dodge Ram 50.... you know.... for reference purposes.

galant-vr4-in-4g63-mightymax.jpg

4g63mightymax

FYI

gvr4-floor.jpg

4g63mightymax

Updated with new junk FS.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned