The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

thoughts on my holset parts list?

turbophein

stock hy35 from cummins. $200-$300
gsp manifold with external wastegate blocked off for now to retain the stock wastegate $170
holset DIY flange with a custom outlet made up at the local muffler shop. $30 for flange
either -12 or -14 drain line
oil restrictor for my OFH feed line.

other than changing around the intake and IC piping and blocking off the turbo waterpipe. what else is there to really do other than go boosting? it sounds to easy to me...

AnotherNewb

Its best to use the -14 drain line with a bung welded to the oil pan. Also, plan on temporarily installing an oil pressure guage on your oil feed line and tuning your oil pressure to the appropriate level. Other than that, boost on.

slugsgomoo

-14? good grief what's the diameter on the drain in the CHRA? my T67 has a smaller drain than -10 so...

turbophein

3/4" to 7/8" from what i have read.

i ended u going with the RTM bolt on fittings -12 $62 shipped to the states
click
click

need to make sure i want that godspeed manifold, pretty sure it will do what i need.

her eis a good question, how is the IC plumbing/motor mount going to be with this turbo? i can't recall seeing one installed in a galant yet. do you guys clock them?

turbophein

i think this is a better way to go, and it includes a gasket and v band setup for not much more, no more downpipe gaskets to worry about.

click

WaRrIoRs16

That item you linked on ebay will not fit the holset turbos. Also, there are other flange options. The flange you selected does not look fun to work with. I had all the same questions you had when I got my holset, check out this thread. Holset O2 Housing ideas

Good flanges -> Flanges

I think they have gaskets too.

turbophein

Thanks for the heads up! The first flange would allow me to use the stock wastegate, which is what I really want.

Vr4junkie

I ended up getting my HY35 for 120 Shipped on ebay im sure a good deal will pop around keep us posted on what mainfold you do use. Im still decideing on what mainfold im going to use.

WaRrIoRs16

Quoting turbophein:
Thanks for the heads up! The first flange would allow me to use the stock wastegate, which is what I really want.

I'll be interested to see the finished product using the flange you selected. I would think it would be easier using the closed flange from MandrelBend.com because it would be easier to mate up a downpipe/o2 housing to it. If it doesn't allow enough exhaust out of the 2.5" hole(the way to stock application does on the diesels), then you could widen it toward the wastegate hole, but that way you could at least make it oval.

Either way, it all looks good to me. Good luck, and post pictures of the setup once its complete.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned