The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ilovetacotaco?? turbo controller/turbo timer combo

Does anyone have any experience with this brand?
I am on the hunt for a digital control unit and I found these ebay Ilovetacotaco Controller on ebay...
If anyone has anyinput on these models or the generic versions that look very similar of identical to this unit, it would be awesome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jnava

Staff member
If your going to buy a electronic boost controller, you might as well pay for the hks, greddy,blitz, gizmo,turbosmart,turboxs units that are proven to work. It may work fine but you don't want to end up stranded due to a china model boost controller. MBC's are super reliable. Decide carefully.

Yeah I am always thinking "you get what you pay for" but I was definitely interested to see if anyone does have hands on experience with them because their consumer reviews would be the most applicable... Probably end up going Greddy.
But at $150 instead of $550(Greddy) the suspension budget would get a nice start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
LOL just can't risk it.

tektic

Get a manual boost controller and give your suspension budget a head start.

jnava

Staff member
I just got that on Monday. Its just simpler and since dsmlink is already installed, why spend more when I can just integrate it with link.

turbofonz

My friend bought a taco taco 1g downpipe... didn't fit. It was dirt cheap though. and the brand name is just LOL.

CutlassJim

Quoting transparentdsm:
what are you using for tuning? do you have DSMlink V3? if so there is a way better solution. here:
click

1G ECU's can't control boost last time I looked.

transparentdsm

Quoting ColoradoVR1708:
Wait... So is ECU boost control realistically the best safe and long term performance choice?

yes. ecmlink wouldn't sell it if it wasn't the best solution. they designed there system to work properly.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Welcome to the board, Cody.

Not too many of these cars over on the western slope. I saw a nile black one on the way up to powderhorn a year or so back. Owner was cool as hell!

Posting up a few pics and doing a quick intro / giving some information about your car / build / goals would help us give you better guidance on part choices and the like.

Lots of knowledge here, along with lots of opinions.

Knowing where you're starting and where you're heading will help the folks here give you the best advice.

Enjoy the car, enjoy the roads, and hit up powderhorn for me ... just watch for the coppers, they think the speedlimit up there is 30 mph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EHmotorsports

yeah i need to pick up the actuator. my car was being parted out and was missing alot.

jnava

Staff member
If your looking to do some changes and upgrades to your car, the upgrade is $195 but you get DA, secondary fuel, o2 sim, boost control, SD..and so much more options. Like I said, you've made the step forward and have a version of Link already. Go ahead get it done. ECU tuning is always fun. Nothing better than to say I blew up my engine, or I made a good tune. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned