The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

idle issues, sticky throttle body.

galant651

the last week or so every now and then my car wont idle, it stays around 1500 to 2000 rpm, and sometimes it will idle around 750, if it idles high i can pop the hood and move the throttle back. anybody ever run into this before or have any tips. i have already cleaned the throttle body.

James

Did you take the plate out and clean it? Did you reinstall it properly? If its Not set just right it will catch

galant651

i didnt pull the plate out. i pulled the whole throttle body assembly and cleaned the butterfly and housing. if its not installed correctly will it get caught up all the time or just some of the time.

What he was asking did you take it apart and clean it or just use spray cleaner on it.

prove_it

Check your throttle cables, they tend to get worn and can bind up not allowing the plate to close. If they are fine, then yes, your throttle body needs a real cleaning and probably new throttle shaft seals.

galant651

ok. well im going to do a non cruise cable and get rid of my cruise so ill have to do that and see if it fixes it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned