The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

transmission and mount bracket questions

Kentstatetsi

doing a trans swap because it was popping out of 1st and 4th. I have 4 extras so no big deal on that. The mount bracket I was using was stamped 22-H. I found a bracket stamped 210H in my garage that is slightly different but both mount to 1g transmissions. Which one is correct? I've searched the factory part #md731017 with no luck on finding a picture of the stamped part.

All 4 of my spares are NPXV's but 1 has a different center case on it where the mount bracket goes. I was guessing its from an early 2g but it doesn't have the counterweight on the shift levers.

tektic

Total necro on this post but could somone confirm this bracket number please.

89Mirageman

22-H AWD, 210-H FWD turbo dsm. I use the 210-H mounts as cores for the csm's so if you want to part with it shoot me a pm.

tektic

My 1g fwd manual has a 200h bracket.
The 22h I have is from an awd manual 1g

22h is from a vr4 as well?

89Mirageman

Is your 1g fwd a turbo car? Every 1g fwd turbo dsm I've ever seen with a manual trans had a 210-H mount. 200-H is new to me. Pretty sure the 22-H is for a GVR4 too although I'm not positive.

89Mirageman

Oh OK, they are flat across the bottom where they bolt to the trans. Not stepped. That's why they use a different mount.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned