The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1986 Conquest w/ 5.0L 302 5spd Long Island, NY $3500

NYC86ZC

I copied this from my CL ad:
click

This is a 1986 Chrysler Conquest. It originally came with a 4cylinder turbo engine with a 5spd transmission, but was swapped out with 5.0L ford. I've been told the block is an explorer block mated up to a T5 trans.

Here are some highlights:
5.0L 302 V8 w/ t5
B303 camshaft
Headers
Full exhaust with cherry bomb muffler
MAF setup
A91 ECU with a tune
92 mustang harness
Linelock(locks front tires when doing burnouts) Although it does not work when the car warms up
ST upgraded sway bars
Eibach ProKit
Polyurethane bushings on the rear subframe
88-89 6 bolt rear end and axles
Solid mounts for rearend
Electric fans
Leather interior in decent shape, but center console has some cracks
Manual seat belts
Mint front lower air dam
Aftermarket Griffin radiator included in sale

There is a slight dent in the driver's rear from the previous owner. It has a full exhaust so it is very loud and you can hear the lumpy cam. It has an upgraded clutch kit too, but I don't know the maker. The antenna is broken. I hooked up a new one to the stereo, but it still doesn't get decent reception. I have a tape adapter so I can plug it in to my ipod/android and it works fine, but no fm/am reception. Fourth gear grinds when the car is cold, but once it warms up it's fine. I double clutch it and it's not a big deal. There's an issue with reverse too. It goes in fine and works, but it will pop out. The previous owner put in a new battery. When I got the car I dropped the rear subframe and POR-15'ed(rust prohibitor paint) it. The serpentine belt squeals and the speedometer does not work. The car was repainted in the past, but the clear coat is gone. I've been waxing it every few months to keep it looking decent.

I picked up the car on a trade over a year ago, but I have 3 other cars so this car just sits in my driveway. Since I've owned it I've only put a few hundred miles on it. I also have collectors insurance on it and only pay $250 a year. The tires are in decent shape, doesn't leak anything that i'm aware of, starts and runs fine every time I hop in it, I just don't drive it and figured someone else can enjoy it more than me.

Thanks.

Jesus_Negros

Nice car and price. I see poop conquest/starions going for this price.

JNR

People must do a double take hearing a V8 in something like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

onesickcrx

Ive got a crx for sale just saying if your going that route /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

NYC86ZC

Thanks guys.

Sitting at red lights I've gotten many questions about what I have under the hood. The cam is lumpy and with the straight exhaust you can definitely hear it.

Jordan,

The new owner of my CRX lives a mile away from me. He's in the army stationed in Kansas and says he is going to drive the car there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Anyway, no more CRX for me. Those days are over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lancer99

Damn I've been wanting to do this for my track car. My wife would murder me if I came home with this. GLWS!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts