The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SIM Review... For the good of others

NARF

last October I ordered a head rebuilt from Strickly import motorsports. I have been fighting with them ever since. First off I was never credited for an extra core I sent in to Alice. When I opened the package sand fell out..... I dont mean a little sand, I mean enough to fill a coffee cup. It was in the cams, my brand new 3g lifters, the oil ports, and sprayed inbetween the valve guides/seats. I purchased new guides they did not install for me but charged me anyway. Because of the media in the guides the head required a full disassembly..... And new guides.... Requiring a new valve job..... But they cut the seats so far that my machinist was afraid they would be to thin. in other words I have a 1000 dollar piece of scrap aluminum. Long story, I know..... But it geuss better...

I shipped this head back to them 2 times.... Both times they shipped it right back doing nothing to it..... Both times they promised to pay for shipping and never did. I was promised payment for the core head.... Never got it. I won a BBB case where they found the labor should be abortrated and refunded.... They never complied. Now I have a case in with the AG of Michigin...

save yourself the hassle and stay far away from these crooks.

I'm calling you out SIM..... wheres my refund? why dont you stand up and take some responsibility...

Last edited:

crimsondragon

At least they refunded you back. For me, they didn't offer it. It was pretty much "Oh sorry, we're still trying to get the head routine correct." Whatever, they won't see another dime from me.

NARF

I filed a better busiuness case and won it because they refused to participate. I am in the process of talking with the michigin AG.... If anyone else would like to get their money back please pm me and I will get you the contact info needed to join/file suit against them.

Steve885

Same story as the first guy..head came jacked had to have it repaired and it was to be a 1g head to fit a 6 bolt block. Nope came as a 7 bolt head I had to mod to fit. The guy Allen seemed to know his sh*t.. I guess I could of sent it back and waited months to get it but I'm not that paicent . I should of mentioned the packing sucked and there was a bunch of grit in the box that scratched the head..seems like if u have a gentle surface protecting it would be your main goal. I hear blue tape isn't that expensive..anyway I haven't received my refund for the repair so I guess I'll start a bank claim for the whole amount of the head..I bet that will raise a eyebrow..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned