The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Choppy MAF readings.

WaRrIoRs16

How is it wired in? Are you sure that you don't have any loosely connected wires?

SleepinGVR4

I have one of those harnesses that convert the factory maf plug so it can plug into the evo 8 maf.

Another thing I noticed is that the choppy MAF readings are at the same HZ and RPM when I compared two different logs.

Last edited:

WaRrIoRs16

So is it like a hiccup in an otherwise smooth reading? Is it just at one given Hz or at different values? Are you using Link to compensate for the evo maf?

If you are using Link, have you tried to make adjustments to the choppy areas? I know they have a selection for the evo maf, but maybe it not an accurate fit for your maf/setup. Also I thought there were more than one type or number of evo 8 maf, this could be a reason why the evo 8 maf selection in link might not work for everyone.

It could just be the maf is messed up. Did it happen immediately when you put in the maf or is it something that just came up? Have you verified that you don't experience the same choppy readings on a stock maf?

I had an evo 8 maf in my car with link using a plug and play adapter and it didn't idle very well and it would stall a lot when I disengaged the clutch so I just switched to SD.

SleepinGVR4

Yeah the log is smooth except for in these 2 different HZ and RPM areas. I also noticed that my BoostEst looks like two different boost spikes on the same rpm and HZ readings where the Maf gets choppy. And yes I'm using ecmlink to compensate for the evo maf.

I have tried to make adjustment all over trying to get the AFRatioEst and my WB to line up better.

I don't know about there being more than one maf that the evo's used.

I don't know if the maf is messed up or not. I'm not sure how to tell if it is. I'm almost positive I can feel the hesitation while driving the car during those certain RPMS.

I've been running this maf for a while and I stopped tuning the car a couple months ago because I was getting just frustrated not having a clue what I was doing. But I recently did some more reading and have been attempting to re tune my car again. So I'm not sure how long this choppy maf reading has been going on.

I have no way to compare this to my stock maf. My intake isn't set up to run one.

My Evo Maf has been working great for cruising and idling. My idle is rock steady and it never stalls.

I wish there was a way to post my log on this forum. We really need a ECMLink section.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned