The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Scirocco radiator

Tre3zy

thinking about running a scirocco radiator... now i was wondering since this is going to be placed where the old AC cond. used to be i will need to get a 1g thermostat housing correct??? now the question is do i need to replace the whole bottom and top or can i just get the top housing with the coolant cap in it???

Tre3zy

cool only one catch... our stock radiator has a sensor in the bottom right??? what is that sensor for??? because i relocated that sensor to the top of our stock water neck

brisvr4

The sensor from the bottom of the radiator is the for the fan. It will work fine in the thermostat housing.

Tre3zy

yea but if i change to the 1g water neck i wont have anywhere to put that sensor right???

WaRrIoRs16

You will be ditching the A/C. You just put that water temp sensor in the same spot that the A/C temp sensor was.

Tre3zy

img.php

okay so i was looking at this diagram... if i put a 1g water neck i wont have sensor #3... because the radiator cap will be in that place... so my question is where else can i put the fan switch??? unless i drill and tap the radiator...

Wizardawd

The 1g neck does have that switch, just belowe the cap and horizontal instead of vertical.

Wiz

Tre3zy

oh really? haha then im good to go LOL thnx for the information guys

mitsuturbo

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting brisvr4:</font><hr />
The sensor from the bottom of the radiator is the for the fan. It will work fine in the thermostat housing.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

This is sort of true. That switch kicks on around 175°F. I'm not sure when it shuts off, because on a running car, the temp almost never gets that low at the water neck. It's fine in the bottom of the radiator, because the water DOES cool off well below 175 before it re-enters the engine. It simply does not work well on the water neck.

I'd suggest you get an inline water temp adapter like i'm going to. Otherwise the fan will either basically run non stop as soon you as approach operating temp, or you'll be running off the A/C switch which kicks on when things start getting pretty damn hot.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned