The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Remote Oil Pressure Sending Unit

birdman24

As seen here: Web page

Is it really necessary to have one these? The only benefit from having this that I can see is there will be a stainless steel line around all the hot engine parts other than a braided nylon or clear plastic tubing.

Any input is appreciated thanks guys.

Terence

Last edited:

mr.mitsu

I have relocated my sending unit using a rubber hose and hose clamp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Guys do it to prevent the constant vibration of the engine affecting the sending unit.

If you think about it, it's cheap insurance. Save your money and stay away from the bling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Terry Posten

I had my sender break at the treads and pumped 2 quarts out of the hole before a friend following me franticly waved me down and spent 3 hours on the side of the road using the wrong tools removing the broken part and plugging the hole so I could refill the oil and make it home.

Stroker motor, BC280 cams, Profain motor mounts, and balence shaft removal = too much vibration for that heavy of a sender hanging out the side of the oil filter housing.

EMX5636

I had an SS line made about a foot long at a local hydraulic shop and 2 fittings to remote mount mine, for about $15-20 bucks. Cheap, and still looks almost as "bling".

vtecds1

I was just thinking about this a couple of days ago. This is what I found doing a little research.

Last edited:

birdman24

Ok that all sounds great especially the $10 DIY kit, but the mechanical oil pressure gauge I bought doesn't have a huge sender to vibrate like crazy Just some plastic tubing that came with the gauge and some fittings.

Oil pressure gauge I bought.

Thanks for the replies and ideas,
Terence

EMX5636

Just keep an eye on the plastic hose, they tend to leak. I ran the upgraded copper line in my Eclipse, but it was a PITA to run, and probably could still fail from vibration if I didn't have solid mounts.

The grease gun hose is a neat idea, didn't think of that. I do know they are a little stiffer than SS hose, so you might have to watch the belts and frame over there.

birdman24

Ok will do, thanks for the input. I'm more thank likely going to get the grease gun hose and use it as an extension to get the plastic hose a little farther out of harms way.

Terence

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned