The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

17x9 +24 Wheels

littleb

I have a friend who is offering me an awesome deal on some 17x9 +24 fr500 wheels. Now I know that's not the optimal size, but would they be able to fit under the car without having to do anything too extreme?

Last edited:

bobdole

The rear should be ok. Front will be aggressive. I have 17 8.0 25 offset and it is flush with the fender. I also have about -2.0 camber. Hope this helps.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

They will stick out a lot.

fuel

with some camber and not so wide tyres they will fit.

birdman24

Kev those are going to look sick, that car is going to have some serious mexi stance with that size. Take a look at these threads.

Click

web page

They aren't quick reads but I know you want answers.

Terence

littleb

I'm thinking with a little bit of fender roll, a little bit of camber, and a little tire stretch (I know, I know, get the pitchforks out because of that word) they'd be able to sit flush.

birdman24

That's possible, I'm leaning more towards hellaflush with the width of those wheels. Do it! lol I want to see what it'll look like in person.
Is this preparation for the shootout or just because?

Terence

littleb

Nah, I don't think it'll be "hellaflush" maybe I'll have to find a see of wheels that aren't in Maryland to put on and see how it is. It won't be done for the shootout, I still have a few things left to get and then it'll be up and running. Maybe another 2 or 3 months.

birdman24

O ok hit up Marky and see if he's got anything laying around, I'm sure between him and his dad one of them probably have a set you could try.
Whew it'll be pretty close to winter by that time, is the black one up and running yet?

Terence

I would like to hellaflush my car. It looks so dope, but I fear for the haters. They say many mean things.

Tre3zy

^ yea be prepared to get flamed on here for "HELLA FLUSHING" a galant vr4... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

mitsuturbo

107-202-large.jpg

18x7.5 +48 with 235/40 tires. -2 degrees camber lowered two inches and I rub up front when I hit any bump.

fuel

with +48 offset are you rubbing on the fender liners?? seems like such a high offset for that width.

kartorium

Quoting 1971:
18x7.5 +48 with 235/40 tires. -2 degrees camber lowered two inches and I rub up front when I hit any bump.

Your massive rolling diameter doesn't help much. That's at least an inch larger than stock.

mitsuturbo

WHOA! I totally missed that he's mentioned 235/40 on EIGHTEEN inch wheels..

Yeah, that would be a good size for 17's, but for 18's i can see why it's not fitting very well.

littleb

I really hope they fit without looking ridiculous though. Idk. It's hard to judge without ever seeing one in person with anything close to that size.

EMX5636

If you look up pictures of the "One Lap" car at the top of the forum, they used 17x9 +24 Cobra R wheels (same setup, different look). They mostly fit, but you can't go very low, and will have to stretch the tires a bit or pull the fenders to get them underneath.

kartorium

Quoting mitsuturbo:

Yeah, that would be a good size for 17's, but for 18's i can see why it's not fitting very well.

Yep. My 255/40/17's are fuckin gigantor, definitely not ideal for most driving. His 18's are like half an inch taller, no bueno /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

H05TYL

Quoting mitsuturbo:

235/40/18's are pretty tall, but that's what I had on my mine (on 18x9 +30) and the only rubbing I got was on the outer fender - my car was very low too.

Sounds like the offset is the problem rather than the tyre size.

Get the offset right and you will run out of suspension travel (actually steering tie rod clearance to crossmember) before the tyre hits anything other than the outer fender.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts