The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thermo switch pigtail/wire location ?

90blacktsi

Does anybody have a picture of where the connector from the thermo switch in the bottom of the radiator comes from . My fan does not turn on and I cant seem to find where in the harness it would come from . I also noticed that there are 2 fan relays and two ac relays on the GVR4 , Do I have to jump both fan relays to test the fan? Fan does not turn on with the ac button either , But does turn on when jumped to the battery . Car was running on AEM EMS , not sure if they had it wired differently , but it turn on .. Car is know on ECM LINK . Thanks , Any info will be helpful

- Bryan

ghostinthevr4

How do you bypass the thermo resistor, by cutting the wires that feed too both ends and connecting them? I was looking at wiring schematics yesterday, my eyes still hurt plus I'm feeling a little lazy.

turbowop

That's what I did. Works great. But I would test it first by using a jumper to bypass the resistor. Just connect a wire from one side to the other to see if that's the problem or not.

90blacktsi

By the resistor do you mean the sensor on the bottom of the radiator ? If so I cannot do as you stated . All I have is the sensor on the rad . No wires to jump . Cant find them anywhere .

-Bryan

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The harness comes down the passenger side of the radiator. The plug is white (when new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif in color.

90blacktsi

All good info thanks ! Still need some more though . Here is a pic of my setup . You can see the plug for the fan has 6 wires I think and only two that comes out that go to the fan ( slim fan ) The only thing I can think of is that on a stock plug splits off into two different harnesses and thats why all the extra wires are not in use . What I need to know is the color of the wires that go to the thermo switch . Thanks

DSCF1395.jpg

Pic of the thermo switch I'm referring to

DSCF1397.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned