The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help with problem... Fuel cut?

jrschultz

Here's what my car does. Whenever I get into boost the car falls flat on it's face. It's like it's trying to push a 18-wheeler or something. This happens right around 4 psi of boost. Is this fuel cut happening in a massive way? Driving an hour on the highway today I had to very gingerly accelerate up hills or the car would buck and chug all over the place. The car did this every once in a while before when the engine wasn't up to operating temperature, but now it does it all of the time. I have a stock 14B running off the 9 psi wastegate spring. The only mods I have are a 3 inch down pipe to a 2 1/2 inch exhaust and a KN filter. Should I try a different maf? I have a stock one from a 1st Gen eclipse in there now.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Perform a boost leak test

dsm10o0

Check/change your fuel pump and fuel filter. Seems to be clogged and not giving enough gas for the motor.

jrschultz

New fuel filter didn't do it. Could this be a mass airflow sensor problem? I have a spare I could swap out to try. Or is this a fuel related problem?

James

Plugs/wires?

My first Dsm did this. I was test driving it at a used car lot and got into boast, it bucked chugged tripped and fell, he knocked 1500 off the price and I spent $10 on plugs xD

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned