The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mods

Hey guys names Bob and I'm new to the site and to forums in general so bare with me, I've got a 92 year 446/1000 this is the list that's done now. Ets front mount, 16g not sure of witch one the guy was unsure and idk turbos that well, boost controller, stage 2/3 shep trans, 2600 clutch, four bolt lsd swap, and kyg struts stock springs. I wanna know your guys ideas on what what u would do next and my goal as of righ now is to not break anything lol I plan on selling my truck soon so this will be used as a daily driver till I find a different one.

transparentdsm

i would start with boost, oil pressure and wideband gauges,then without knowing how many miles are on the car, i'd think MLS headgasket, arp studs and a complete timing job(all belts, water pump, tensioners and pullies), 3g lifters. then maybe 255 fuel pump, 550 or 560 injectors, 2.75" or 3" exhaust, 15-17 psi, some sort of tuning device(chip or MAFT would be my choice)and enjoy it.

transparentdsm

that is also assuming that all the bushing, ball joints, tie rod ends, boots and seals are all in good condition. if not i would start with all of those after finishing the timing.

Forgot to add I also have a boost gauge and full 2.5" exhaust but will be putting a 3" on and I have to pull the cover it was thought to have a Kevlar belt on it, as far as the bearings and ball joints there fucked but those should be in today. As of right now my focus is more towards the suspension and drivetrain besides the preventative matnunce if everything goes to plan I wanna pull the motor this winter and build it so not to concerned at this point with that. One of the things I was looking at was doing a 5lug swap, is this worth doing or not even worth the money and what do u guys recamend for springs ect.

2000GTX

Is that 2.5'' exhaust in good shape? Because I'd be interested in taking it off your hands. I'd come pick it up and everything.

I have a thermal 3in ss catback for sale, your welcome to come check it out

Last edited by a moderator:

2000GTX

You know I might come take you up on that 3'' exhaust for my GTX.

I mean sure, it's not turbo, but hey.

Hells yeah, there's enough of us for a meet! Lol
Nick: did you buy those rims from me? Anyways, hit me up.

Yes the muffler would just have to be welded back on it was cut off when I got it but it's all stainless and nicley done.

2000GTX

I definitely bought those rims from you.

2000GTX

How much would you guys want for your exhausts? I only need one, and the low bidder wins! As long as someone can assure me that a 3" exhaust will be alright on a non turbo car.

I'm not ready to sell it just yet so I'd go with the other one or let uk when I'll be putting a new one on.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting mikus:
I will begrudgingly cross the cheese curtain, when's this going down

But the far side of the cheese curtain is where God's country is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The exhaust may work from the cat back, but not in front of that.

Quoting 2000GTX:
How much would you guys want for your exhausts? I only need one, and the low bidder wins! As long as someone can assure me that a 3" exhaust will be alright on a non turbo car.

Shoot me a text buddy, I got a new phone and never saved your number or else i'd hit you up. 414.331.6069.
I can't think of a reason not to do a 3in exhaust. The thermal is a quality exhaust and sounds great!

2000GTX

Sounds like a plan, man. I'll get at you in a week or so. I got a couple birthday parties this weekend and work has been crazy busy.

What are the details of this exhaust? Would it be street legal? Could I pass emissions with it?

Cat back, so it won't afect emissions. 3in stainless steel, v band clamp. Two resonators and a muffler. Can come with a downpipe for a direct swap, but no cat convertor. Our cars don't have to deal with emissions anyway, plus the o2 sensor is in front of where the cat would go, so the ecu doesn't know there isn't a cat.

2000GTX

Yeah I wasn't sure if we had to worry about emissions or not. Well I'm definitely interested. I recently wore a hole right near my downpipe or somewhere so I sound like a Go Cart driving down the road. I hate it.

I just recently picked up 446/1000 as a roller.
It had been converted to an auto rear end
And ratchet shifter
no Engine/transmission

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned