The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not a VR4 owner but galant owner

GalantTuner10

Hey guys. I'm Chris and i have had my 96 Galant since 07. We have been through a lot together. Currently is is 5 speed swapped, rear disc swapped and converted to the 7G VR4 facelift body style which includes the front bumper, side skirts, spoiler, tail lights and head lights. I swapped from single pistons to 2g GSX calipers with GVR4 rotors and have done a lot of other stuff and am in the midst of a big project to come with this thing.Multi colors ATM as i swapped on new fenders and a carbon fiber hood

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

no that is not my GVR4 either that is Dynastylcd's old vr4

Last edited:

conradical

Thats a cool car I dont know much about them. Does it have the vr-4 engine it or it the stock US engine? Also I would love to see more pictures of the engine and the AWD system that you've put in it.

fuel

makes me miss my old 7G!

Welcome

GalantTuner10

I am currently in the works of getting an AWD shell. To convert these you use 2G DSM parts and some modification here and there. right now it is the stock US 4G64 single cam but last summer i bought a 1994 Galant GS which has a 2.4 DOHC and i am building that up soon, already have the head built just need to finish the block.

GalantTuner10

there are 2 threads on my main galant board that are very helpful. also i have 2 friends in NY that have AWD 8g galants which use a 2g rear as well but an auto diff and evo tranny. cool project, not gonna be easy but could be fun.

DynastyLCD

hahahah pic of 73/1000 officially JSB in the driveway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

welcome to the board little brother!

FCR

makes me miss mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Wow. like the look of the GSX wheels on that last car.

Why did you do a 5 speed swap? That chassis was available with manual trans.

GalantTuner10

5 speed swap was because up until 2010 this was automatic. I had done all maintenance and I knew what was new what else needed to be done soon. Also I did the swap with mostly new parts for around 700 bucks. Instead of searching for a clean 5 speed car, which I did try, and then selling my car I just swapped this one. Very easy swap and worth it. Couldn't find another galant like mine with leather either. I owned a 1994 galant GS for a little stock 5 speed dohc but didn't like it the way I did mine so I sold the shell and am building the motor from it for my car.

GalantTuner10

And to the other galant, nice 5 lug swapped, vr4 preface lift bumper with rare projector fogs and 1 piece JDM head lights. Now for the fenders, did you modify for the signals or actually get the JDM fenders for it? That car looked nice man. What year and setup ended up in there?

Really hit the nail on the head with the auto trannies being weak

Last edited:

FCR

I like your car too really nice ride. About the lights on the fenders the previous owner did it. That was my daily by that time, 1997 galant ES

Specs
Garret TO3/TO4 turbo (.60/.63)
Turbo Smart 38mm Wastegate
Greddy front mount intercooler with custom piping
HKS SSQV
Custon exhaust manifold with ceramic coat and 3" exhaust
Nippo Denso (supra TT) in tank fuel pump with Bosch external pump -6an line Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
Evo 8 injectors
Aeromotive Fuel pressure
ARP head studs
4 layer mitsubishi head gasket (2003 4 cyl eclipse)
Clutch Master 2600 / 6 puck clutch net disc
Apex AFC
HKS Turbo Timer
Greddy EGT with memory and warning light autometer fuel press and boost gauges
MSD 6AL With External MDS Blaster coil
5 lug conversion (96 eclipse GST)
Eclipse GSX 94 2 pots front calipers and discs
Rear sway bar
KYB GR2 shocks Eibach springs
2003 eclipse rims
JDM front conversion

Numers 337hp/353tq 11.3 a/f 19 psi on pump gas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And yes the A/T SUCKS

Last edited:

GalantTuner10

That's a sweet setup. I am planning to push this car pretty far hoping for AWD and 450 wheel daily driven. Built 2.4 DOHC. The 2.4 DOHC came with a forged crank and oil squirters. Forged rods and pistons. FP3 cams, FP beehives, Ferrea valves etc. turbo setup is a little creation. It started as an fp green but will be a 25G w/ antisurge cover ported 2g manifold with tial 40 on it. Worst case that setup will be on a FWD car which will be fine but I want AWD

FCR

Wow that sound really good pretty nice set up i think about do that too (AWD) but i was having my VR4 with 400hp plus and this one was my daily with a\c and everything so thats why i decide not to do it.

The only thing that i couldn't find was the rear bumper it is super really hard to find.... Have you tried to see if you could find one?

GalantTuner10

If you mean a VR4 rear bumper, there is no special bumper. It is just shorter because of no crash bar. Did it have the side skirts like mine as well? My ideal exterior would be this with 5 lug and some Evo wheel. I think this setup will be very goo when I get it going.

SouthCaliVR4

Nice car. I'd like to see pics of the conversion.

BTW you should pull the pic from your sig. If we all did that the board would crawl.

GalantTuner10

done, just used the same sig i use on every other board

fuel

my 7G's

a 1993 VX-R 5spd man

DSCF0497.jpg

note the 8000rpm redline..

speedo.jpg

factory fitted with the 6A12 DOHC 24V MIVEC-MD V6 engine - 200hp from a 2.0L N/A engine

engine.jpg

a 1994 (facelift) VX-R auto

g1.jpg

and lastly a 1997 GLXi 2.0 daily beater

DSCF1316.jpg

GalantTuner10

thats quite a collection of 7gs fuel haha. the 6a12 mivecs were cool engines. too bad we never got any of the good motors over here

here was the GS i had last summer. fun thing stock 4g64 2.4 DOHC
DSC00224.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

shell3.jpg

here is the motor build. The head i finished a few months back. The motor was rebuilt with around 40k on it but i built the head and recently dynastyLCD and i took the bottom apart for a BS delete and found a good amount of bearing wear so now im going to build the bottom end
DSC00254.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

Comp 101300s(FP3s)
DSC00277.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

FP Beehives
DSC00269.jpg

Bare block right now
DSC00295.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

Part of the new turbo setup, Converting the Green to a 25g with antisurge cover
DSC00329.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts