The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got some parts in the mail yesterday soon to be installed on 550/2000

GSX_TC

Finally got my Spearco 2-216 size 28x10.5x3.5 and my STM oil cooler kit. will be doing the install soon with all hand fabricated aluminum piping. here are a few pics. BIG thanks to Andre @ PINA Motosports for the fast shipping and very nice to deal with.

IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4335.jpg

Chim55117

Yes! Finally we can fill out the huge gap where your intercooler should be! Now to fix the exhaust! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheekychimp

You are certainly getting there Mike! Looks very nice. Do you still have A/C? I'd be interested to see how you route you IC piping if so. I know it can be done with that core because Mark (turbowop) did it, but when I tried to fit a larger intercooler behind my JDM bumper it caused all sorts of issues, to the point that I gave up and just bought an ARC EVO III core.

I think it's fine for a 16G sized turbo so I'm not too bothered just yet but if it is possible to fit something bigger I am interested to see how it's done. Are you still running the EVO III 16G? There seems to be a lot of debate as to whether fitting an intercooler over a certain size is actually beneficial if you are still running a 'small' turbo. What's your take on that? Obviously this will look awesome but I am also interested to hear how this affects performance.

Paul.

GSX_TC

i'll be upgrading to an FP 68HTA soon so that will be good with that intercooler. that 47 pounds per minute will be able to breathe.

grocery_getter

Paul, I use the exact same intercooler behind my jdm bumper. It fits fine, with room to spare. And I was the one who mounted turbowop's core behind his jdm bumper as well.

Mike, glad you got it. Now get someone good to mount it and finish the piping. I don't want to see my nice core mounted with some mickey mouse piping! :)

Quoting cheekychimp:
You are certainly getting there Mike! Looks very nice. Do you still have A/C? I'd be interested to see how you route you IC piping if so. I know it can be done with that core because Mark (turbowop) did it, but when I tried to fit a larger intercooler behind my JDM bumper it caused all sorts of issues, to the point that I gave up and just bought an ARC EVO III core.

I think it's fine for a 16G sized turbo so I'm not too bothered just yet but if it is possible to fit something bigger I am interested to see how it's done. Are you still running the EVO III 16G? There seems to be a lot of debate as to whether fitting an intercooler over a certain size is actually beneficial if you are still running a 'small' turbo. What's your take on that? Obviously this will look awesome but I am also interested to hear how this affects performance.

Paul.

Romanova

Looks great! Andre, care to share how much one of these goes for?

Sorry to threadjack!

beaner

Quoting GSX_TC:
i'll be upgrading to an FP 68HTA soon so that will be good with that intercooler. that 47 pounds per minute will be able to breathe.

Isn't that basically a tdo5h 20g for the dudes maxing eIII16g's trying to get slightly more? 47#/min out of a tdo5h seems unreal.

mitsuturbo

Just speculation here...

but i think you're going to need more hose than that to run the oil cooler lines

GSX_TC

Quoting beaner:
Quoting GSX_TC:

Isn't that basically a tdo5h 20g for the dudes maxing eIII16g's trying to get slightly more? 47#/min out of a tdo5h seems unreal.

Yes a HTA68 is basically the best you can get in a tdo5h based housing. And yes it's real, 47 pounds per minute.

GSX_TC

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Just speculation here...

but i think you're going to need more hose than that to run the oil cooler lines

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but apparently that's all I'll need according to STM but if I need more I can always order another piece just like that if need be. I was thinking of mounting it right behind the grill

Jason G.

Has anybody actually confirmed the 47#/min? Last I read 44 lbs was the most recorded out of any td05.

Nice core btw

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Thanks, yeah if you call FP they'll tell ya that it's 47 here's their number (972) 984-1800.

turbofonz

Quoting Jason G.:
Has anybody actually confirmed the 47#/min? Last I read 44 lbs was the most recorded out of any td05.

Nice core btw

there's td05h 20g's making way over 44lb/min.

hell my evo3 reads over that. Is it accurate? I don't know, car makes power though.

Jason G.

Way over? I don't think I've ever seen any td05h turbine in a 7cm housing flow more than 44lb/min.

All I'm asking is has anyone confirmed the claims of 47lb/min with FP's billet wheel?

pot

Staff member
Mike, who or where are you having the files fabricated at? Houston is about 3 hours away and I haven't been here in Louisiana long enough to acquaint myself with anyone welder. Therefor please let me in on your decision if you don't mind.

I've been spying Wop's intercooler setup for years and plan to sport that same core/setup. Last year I even called Andre to see if I could purchase an exact copy of his etup but sadly he said never made a jig and would need my actual car. Which I thought was too bad because I think the Spearco coupled with his pipes far outweighs the ETS kit imo.

turbowop

It would be hard to make a "kit" using my setup. So many of our cars are different in so many ways. I have a JDM bumper and still have AC in the car, and a stock radiator, so my piping will be different than the next guy's. Also, a bit of sheetmetal needed to be removed behind the headlights to clear my piping. The inlet and outlet on my endtanks have bends in them, instead of the normal ones with just enough pipe to clamp a coupler to, so mine only works for my specific piping setup. Andre did an amazing job though. I still think it's one of the coolest mods I've done to the car, for both performance and aesthetics. Very high quality. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Here are some old pics showing my core right after Andre built it. I think this was fall of 2004:

Last edited:

GVR47111K

^^So Wop doesn't have a bedframe? Who knew?

KT

ex probably got it in the split up

turbowop

Not in '03-'04 when I was still renting a duplex. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Here is a quick FB style pic of my bedroom and me in a mirror. There is a fully framed bed behind me. My new girlfriend and I even haz sex on it. I was dressed up for once. Suck it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

248533_1926014262380_1002848016_32156194_7734685_n.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts