GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » News & Events » One Lap of America » engine dropping
Previous thread Next thread

engine dropping

nrvous
One Member
187/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1049900 posted 02/04/12 08:57 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Working on the Evo X is a stark contrast to working on the VR-4 all of these years. It is a whole new learning curve. The days of being able to perform work while the engine is still in the car is gone. Seems like the only way to work on anything is to drop the entire motor. I ended up dropping the engine and transmission onto the creeper, and using the engine hoist to float the car in the air.

It will be going back in with a lift. Sort of a reality check too, as we are used to being able to fix anything on the road and I can't think of dropping motors on the road.

Stephen

When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, your gonna see some serious shit. - doc brown

Posts: 296 | From: Penfield, NY | Member Since: 04/16/03 | IP: (69.207.170.111) | Report this post to a Moderator

transparentdsm
I have to say something dumb Member
138/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1051043 posted 02/10/12 07:04 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
such a gorgeous car and they can't seem to design things intelligently, so you can actually work on your car. it's just not fair. all these super smart people design all these parts for these cars and they don't realize that the way they configure them makes it almost impossible to work on the darn things. good luck, i hope to be able to do this one of these upcoming years if i can get my car straightened out.

click - BG - Dorothy

Posts: 2459 | From: Tahoe, NV | Member Since: 07/27/11 | IP: (70.44.2.98) | Report this post to a Moderator

wowzer
Master Mechanic-Will Travel

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1051594 posted 02/13/12 09:02 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
A lot has to do with ease of assembly for production cars. They don't car about maintenance they want you to buy a new one.

Posts: 1716 | From: CS, IL | Member Since: 01/15/07 | IP: (64.109.169.4) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  Hertz, cheekychimp, Rausch, toybreaker 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1568

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events | One Lap of America
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.023 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page