The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HX35 Which Mainfold to use besides the the BEP housing

Vr4junkie

ok found a Holest HX35 for a decent price not really trying to use the BEP housing but what after market mainfold could i get so i can get the hx35 bolt up and if I could keep the AC that would be awsome

Any dsm T3 divided manifold should work iirc, you may have to run 2wg's. Just get the bep housing and bolt it up to your dsm manifold. Unless you are going for all out power just be prepared to spend some $$$$$$ for T3 manifold and twin gates.....

Last edited by a moderator:

WaRrIoRs16

I don't have a list of the manifolds that will work off the top of my head, but the stock turbine housing on the hx35 is a T3 divided housing. Most inexpensive T3 manifolds are open as opposed to divided. This could be problematic with an open T3 manifold due to turbulance of the divided housing on a non divided manifold,causing poor spool time. Some people have knife edged the divider and used an open T3 manifold, but I don't know how well that worked. I also saw a photo of someone porting the divider down in the turbine housing as well. Sorry I don't have more details, I made up my mind a while ago that I was going twin scroll so I stopped my research on manifolds.

I'm going to be using the factory turbine housing with my hx35, so I broke down and bought a the jmf dsm bottom mount t3 divided manifold in hopes of utilizing the twin scroll aspect. I haven't received the manifold yet(takes a month to be built), but I'm pretty sure it will require at least a civic radiator. I am going to ditch my a/c, so I just picked up a scirocco radiator.

WaRrIoRs16

Quoting Blown1:
Any dsm T3 divided manifold should work iirc, you may have to run 2wg's. Just get the bep housing and bolt it up to your dsm manifold. Unless you are going for all out power just be prepared to spend some $$$$$$ for T3 manifold and twin gates.....

Twin gates are not necessarily required. If you built your own manifold or had someone build it, you could keep the wastegate passages separate up to the flange where the wastegate valve is. Essentially you would have a "divided" wastegate passage where the gases would only meet when the wastegate actually opens. My buddy is going to be building his own manifold in this manner and I'm not 100% positive if Mr. Peepers divided his wastegate, but I know he is using only one wastegate and he has unbelievable spooling with his hx35. His spool characteristics are equal if not, better than my Evo3 16g.

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

How much is the Bottom mount Mainfold going for from JMF???

WaRrIoRs16

Base is $909.18 click

They do make a manifold the the galant specifically, but its a top mount. click

Punishment racing also has a t3 divided bottom mount manifold too. I was going to get that one, but then I saw some options on the JMF one that would help me out, so I went with them. click

Vr4junkie

Thanks for the links exactly what i was looking for but i dont think my wallet is really liking those prices lol but i guess quality comes at a price. I like that Punishment Racing Divided Mainfold Has a Lifetime warranty big plus in my book.

But this is for Eclipse/Talon how would this fit into the GVR4??? Does anybody have any expirence with this Mainfold and if so will I be able to keep my AC and Power Sterring?? Looking to build the Ultimate Daily Driver a beast on the weekends and a commuter during the week with AC on those hot summer days.

beaner

If you're willing to spend that kind of money on the manifold, I think you are wasting your time with a Holset. I'd just knife down that turbine housing and buy a cast t3 turbo manifold on ebay. After that manifold and the o2 housing though you're near the price of the bep housing.

WaRrIoRs16

My manifold should be shipping out this coming week, once I get it I'll let you know about the fitment.

Indeed I do think those manifolds are investments. If for some reason I get a different turbo, I will definitely build around the t3 t/s. For now it should help maximize the performance of the hx35, especially on a street car that will benefit from the lower spool rpms. In my case, I'm tired of just "making it work" or "making it fit". The turbo is capable of my end goals, so I got one of the best manifolds that I could afford.

Vr4junkie

Is this the Mainfold your talking about click Price seem reasonable and has lifetime warrant. How will the HX35 fit in the engine bay with this mainfold will I have to dent the Water Pipe or Remove any of the P/S,A/C or get a Civic Radiator slim fans etc?? Just trying to find out what im getting my self into before start tearing in to it.

WaRrIoRs16

That one looks like the treadstone manifold and the treadstone one does fit in a dsm with the HY35.

Images courtesy of DSMReviver - Dsmtuners.com

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

from the looks of the pics seems to have a nice fit is this on a DSM or GVR4 also is the HY35 and HX35 similar will i have the same clearance with the HX35 as this in the pic?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts