The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evo1 cams

Captn

Does anyone know if this would be an upgrade from the stock cams in our cars? I can't find much information on the evo 1 cams. I am guessing they are close to the same.

3rdstrikedsm

Yes it would be a slight upgrade.

brisvr4

Evo 1 Cams are milder than stock VR4 cams.
I've got specs somewhere but need to find them to confirm.

Captn

I just read somewhere that the evo 1 cams are milder, and the evo II and III cams are the same as vr-4 cams. The evo III cams were just meant to be lighter.

GSX_TC

Score

3rdstrikedsm

Lots of misinformation in this thread.

fuel

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
Lots of misinformation in this thread.

Yes, starting from your first post.

Lancer EvoI cams the same 252deg duration as E39A VR-4, Lancer EvoII and EvoIII except the lift is smaller at 8.5mm instead of 9.5mm.

Launch

usdm 'C' stamp cams served me well for years, still in one of my cars with a 16g; Peppy, responsive. What are the specs of the different stamps? ...(RTFM yea I know)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts