The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My stock 1/4 time 474/1000

matt92vr4

I finally got a chance to hit the track last night. I wanted to get a good baseline time in before I started modding. Here it goes:

92 vr4
Sunroof
Cali spec
160,000 miles
Stock (The only thing that is not 100% factory is the OEM muffler fell off and there is a normal non-performance muffler welded in place.)

[email protected]
2.2 60'

I read somewhere that the stock times were 15.6@88 so I was pretty happy with it. It was a little weird being the slowest car at the track but the adrenaline rush was just the same! Won't be the slowest car for long /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Nice, atleast its still pretty healthy.

RedTwo

On the list!

I think I ran a 22 last time I hit the strip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif Lost to a turbo Honda Accord /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

WaRrIoRs16

Nice. I made a few passes when I was bone stock and my best was 15.9 at 85mph with a 2.2 60'

dsmkid

Not bad at all considering that my best of 2 runs last week was a 15.1 @94 w/ a 2.4 60'. and all these mods:
-2g MAF
-fmic w/ piping
-Evo3 16g
-tial bov
-custom intake
-act 2600
-fidanza lightweight flywheel
-Brian Crower 100 272 cams
-3" turbo back exhaust w/ highflow cat
-aeromotive f.p.r.
-aem truboost and eugo wideband
-S-AFC 1
This was on stock boost and fuel set up and I missed 2nd VERY bad and had a horrible launch. But considering the mods you still would have been right behind me. Its all about the driver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

WaRrIoRs16

^^That must have been a really bad run, its kind of upsetting. Next time, make sure you shift between first and second multiple times when you are staging, it will line everything up and make second gear so much easier to get into. I had the same problem my last trip at the track, unfortunately it took me 2 passes to remember to do that. It literally would not go into second gear at all if I didn't line it up prior to take off.

Last edited:

Quoting dsmkid:
Not bad at all considering that my best of 2 runs last week was a 15.1 @94 w/ a 2.4 60'. and all these mods:
-2g MAF
-fmic w/ piping
-Evo3 16g
-tial bov
-custom intake
-act 2600
-fidanza lightweight flywheel
-Brian Crower 100 272 cams
-3" turbo back exhaust w/ highflow cat
-aeromotive f.p.r.
-aem truboost and eugo wideband
-S-AFC 1
This was on stock boost and fuel set up and I missed 2nd VERY bad and had a horrible launch. But considering the mods you still would have been right behind me. Its all about the driver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Don't forget that elevation factor dsmkid. We are over a mile high at Bandimere speedway. Your car is still a mid to low 14 @ sea level.

dsmkid

Very true, forgot about that. And yes it would NOT go into 2nd untill the rpms were at idle.

matt92vr4

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. I took a 4 year hideous from the track to get priorities straightened out.

94 traps are good for low 14's at your altitude. The 2nd gear thing is def a problem though. I think next I'll gut the cat, walbro, and MBC. Monitoring knock of course, but how much PSI should I shoot for on stock injectors?

Figured this post would be better with a pic:

Last edited:

GSX_TC

I wouldn't go higher than 16 pounds with the 450's

turbofonz

Quoting matt92vr4:
94 traps are good for low 14's at your altitude. The 2nd gear thing is def a problem though. I think next I'll gut the cat, walbro, and MBC. Monitoring knock of course, but how much PSI should I shoot for on stock injectors?

94mph is showing the power, so it's good for whatever the driver can muster time wise.

When my VR-4 was on stock turbo, manifolds(including stock exhaust manifold and turbine housing with the fire ring),stock fmic etc... just a 3" turboback, 2600 and link/fuel, it went 13.7@94mph at around 17psi settling to 14. Even at that low power level, it went 1.80-1.81's all night... not on stock sized wheels though LOL.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts