The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gauge cluster issue

Alright, so when i turn my running lights or headlights on my cluster lights will turn on BUT randomly shut off, most of the time will turn back on sometimes they will stay off though. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

spooln4fun

Aside from the obvious that there is a short. Have you done any electrical work on the car? Installed a radio/amps/subs, gauges, ect that you may have a crossed wire or wires showing that could be grounding out? If you have had the cluster out perhaps it's just a connector problem.

Is it just the gauge cluster or is it the radio and other dash lights?

Its all the dash lights that shut off. someone wired up a boost and oil press gauge for me. (The boost and oil gauge are the only thing that stays lit up)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned