The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

engine rebuild

where can i get a complete engine rebuild kit like pistons ,bearing all gaskets and other misc. if i missed anything. links would be nice i found one on ebay but do those kits even have good parts or are they knock offs

Okayplayer

I used this kit from STM. click They use 100% OE products. Everything was nice and fit properly. I believe JNZ also has something similar.

DR1665

You never know what you're gonna get on Ebay. I can't hit your link from the office, but I can tell you OEM engine parts are always a good decision. If you really want to save some cash, I'd highly recommend checking out Parts Dinosaur. Bruce is a stand-up guy, true to his word, and will make sure you get what you need. (Not that STM, JNZ, or other reputable Mitsubishi vendors would not, but I'm just trying to say saving money doesn't mean a crap shoot, buying from ebay middle men.)

I - and many other gearheads I know - have bought from Parts Dinosaur. I'd highly suggest dropping him a line and getting a quote on a master kit for the 4G63T.

talontyme

Quoting agent23:
i found this kit on ebay is it even worth my money?

Just remember this
Reliable,Cheap,Fast you can only pick two...

If you want a fast and reliable car it's not cheap,
if you want a cheap and fast car it's not going to be reliable.....
and so on...

some things from ebay are great(good parts for a good deal),but you always get what you pay for. With that in mind for a basic rebuild the felpro engine gasket kit can be had for just around $100 from pretty much anywhere but if you plan tweeking it down the road I would go with the mitsu rebuild kit w/ a 4 layer head gasket and arp's.

Last edited:

i understand that i just need to fix it for a daily driver i am thing about buying a talon to day with a stage one race engine and stage 2 shep trans from a bud of mine for a 1000 bucks

boostx

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.giffor a 1000 bucks That's a steal, Whats rods and piston in the engine.

boostedinaz

Pull the engine and trans as one piece. It's much easier I promise.

boostedinaz

No, you'll have to take Tcase off.

ok thanks that what i thought
god i feel so stupid always asking so many questions when i done this type of stuff manytimes before i guess it just me being carefull to double check everything and always get a second oppinion

boostedinaz

No problems asking question to make sure, better safe than sorry. People get upset when advice is given and then not followed by the person asking for it.

Last edited:

well i didnt get the engine and trans /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif what ever so i am stuck with what i got for now no biggie so lets just rebuild it but first with out a bore guage how else would i b able to know if i can just rehone the cylinder and just be able to put stock rings and pistons in

you can put a motor together piece by piece depending on wut your tryin to do dont buy egay parts u get wut u pay for do eagle wiseco combo fairly cheap cometic makes full gasket kits for us get valve seals and a lil machining and rip or jus go buy 1 already finished

Launch

Check that its still stright; mains and deck. Ensure the piston to cyl clearence is still tight, rehone and use mitsu rings and tri metal bearings. increased bearing gap is a 20w50 motor. cast pistons are fine till 500hp or a bad tune.

quick question should i drain the t case before pulling it and does any body have any pics or could give me an idea of witch bolts to pull because i was going to pull the ones that look like there about 3inches and the heads are facing the driver side

I never drain the t-case before removal. There are 5 17mm bolts that hold it on.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned