The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

MeanGreenVR4

desant78

Really hate to do this...but I have no choice.

Agreed to buy cyclone intake manifold. Sent funds August 5th. Asked him MANY times for a tracking number, but kept getting the run around.

A few weeks later, after being told a few times he was about to ship it, was informed HIS FRIEND was shipping the part.

No problem for me, so long as I get my part. About a week later, no part, and no tracking number. After going back and forth a little bit, found out part went to the wrong place. Apparently it was on it's way back and he was going to send it himself, and give me a tracking number.

Now he no longer can use his phone to contact me, and has disappeared on the forum answering me. I paid in full, and have never seen the part.

I am willing to work with him, I understand stuff happens. BUT I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS. If there was communication, I would not be posting this. He has left me in the dark, $100 down that hole NEVER seeing the part I ordered. I hope this will do something, but I doubt it. Didn't want to write this, but feel as if I have no other choice.

desant78

To add some clarity last I heard from him was on August 30th... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

desant78

If this gets resolved in the future I will be happy to repost the update. Im not looking to burn anyone...I just want my part :/

desant78

No it never did. Have you made contact with him? He has read all my messages, just has never responded, and seems to be never on the forum.

desant78

I have recently noticed activity on the forum from MeanGreenVR4, but have heard nothing from him. This post started because out of no where, when he was about to ship my part, he disappeared and I lost all communication with him.

Since I have noticed him on the forum, I have messaged him but still no answer. He has read over five messages over september and has not replied to any of them. A new member was nice enough to read this post, and sell me the same part. So I just want my money back.

p.s. thanks to the members bringing this up in his thread. I felt pissed he was around the forum asking for help, but kept it to myself because I did not want to bring this fight to the technical section.

Hey, as you can see I am trying to seel my beloved vr4 just so I can have a place to live. I do apologise for my friend not being able to help me out on the shipping and then realizing I did not have the money to ship the part. I am in the worse possible situation I have ever been in my entire young life, So i honestly apologise about not sending the part and or responding to you. I have had such unbelievable stress these last few months. I never meant to make it effect any of these members or to give myself a bad rap.

desant78

Update Today: Responded to my message, he said that I will get a refund once he makes some money. I would like to add that I know MeanGreenVR4 does not appreciate this thread and feels it "hurts his chances of selling more parts" (paraphrase from GVR4 message) but I still feel justified in my compliant.

To clear up why I made the thread, it was the lack of communication, MeanGreenVR4 read messages and never replied, claimed to no longer have a phone, and I was at a loss on what to do

If it was not for the lack of communication, I would not have made the thread at the time. I just hope to get a refund back and will report back when I do so.

steve

He does not appreciate this thread?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowroflr.gif

cheekychimp

Nor do I appreciate forking out $474-USD for a turbo and O2 housing that was never received.

desant78

^has anyone received a part from this guy?

minneSNOWta

I bought an Evo III manifold off this dude to help out his homeless situation, despite seeing some forewarning in this thread. He claimed it was ported and barely used. From the shitty camera phone pics, it looked alright. Took a couple weeks to finally get the thing out and when I got it, I was very disappointed. What his phone pics did not reveal, was that too much had been ported exposing a bolt in the interior of the manifold. The porting job as a whole is absolutely disgraceful. He told me that he bought it that way, never used it. This manifold is now nothing more than a paperweight to me. From what I've gathered, it seems like he passed his misfortune on to me. I should have stayed very far away from this dude and have learned the hard way. Tried to get him to refund my money, but he isn't having it. He will get what he deserves.

cheekychimp

Quoting desant78:
^has anyone received a part from this guy?

I've received nothing!

minneSNOWta

Quote:
Dear Andre Phan,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

You have indicated that a partial refund of $90.00 USD would be
satisfactory.
We were able to recover $90.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

Like I told MeanGreenVR4, I got my justice.

cheekychimp

I also got a full refund from paypal. Mean GreenVR4 still had the audacity to send me this PM a few days ago

Quote:
Hey its sent. Sorry ir took so long it should it at ffwd in a few days

cheekychimp

Right, as I stated above, Paypal has now refunded me all of the money I sent you for the turbo and the O2 housing. So minus what I lost on the exchange rate, as far as I'm concerned, I'm square on this.

You apparently however are up sh*t's creek without the proverbial paddle because I just got this message from Darren at FFWD Connection.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Got your pieces in today. At least I assumed it is your pieces as there was no contact info in the box. Didn’t come from a Daniel Chang. Came from [name deleted by me] (or something like that…hard to read on the return label) from [location deleted by me]. It is a fully assembled 16G and O2 housing. But NO manny like I had thought you were sending.

Terrible packing job. The turbo almost fell out of the box. Big hole in the side of the box. Not packed tight at all.

There was a signature required on it. You already know what havoc that created around here.

Please confirm this and also tell me what you want done. Single stage…Double Stage…Triple…or what. Here’s another thing.

You know why you really got a good deal on this turbo? Because that turbine housing not only has one stripped hole, it has three. One is really hogged out and would need to be welded up, drilled, and re-tapped. The other two might be able to be heli-coiled, but they’re quite buggered up. Complete idiot who messed with this housing before.

All in all, I don’t know if I would stand behind a housing with that many inserts in it…maybe 1 but not 2 or 3. Plus, the expense in doing that job, you’d be better off finding a good used (and ported) housing, and start from there.

My 2 cents.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

OKAY? So to be perfectly straight with you, there is nothing that would give me more pleasure than just leaving you in the sh*t over this because you must have either failed to notify Paypal that you shipped this, OR shipped it long past the date that you claimed once you realized that Paypal had resolved the issue by refunding the money and moved on. I'm out nothing here and I could just walk away probably with the turbo if I wanted since it was not sent by either of the people registered on Paypal who I sent funds to. However, I am not like you, and my conscience won't let me so this is my attempt to be as fair as possible under the circumstances.

If you want to resolve this, FIRST tell me the name of the sender that was on the package and where it was sent from so that I can be sure it really was you that sent it.

After that you have two options: -

(i) Arrange a return shipping box from UPS, Fedex or whoever with postage paid in full (you already know how much it cost to ship) and you can have the turbo back. Please don't try to misrepresent it on this site if you attempt to resell it saying it is as good as new but has one stripped hole. The above was a completely non-biased opinion of the turbo given by a professional who knows what he is talking about and should serve to show exactly what type of person you are MeanGreenVR4.

(ii) Based on the above description, give me a new price for the turbo and O2 housing based upon it's condition as described above by an expert, post it up here for verification and appraisal by the other members and I will either pay you that and take the turbo as is or I will walk and and tell you to revert to option 1.

You have brought this entirely upon yourself. I think I am being extremely fair with you here under the circumstances and I am doing it in the open and offering you every opportunity to respond. I have nothing to hide.

Paul.

Last edited:

cheekychimp

FFWD doesn't want this sitting around and Darren doesn't want anything to do with this housing because he considers it too badly damaged to repair. Please get in touch or I'm going to have this turbo trashed as I have nothing into it at this stage.

You have a week!

cheekychimp

Got this PM a few days ago.

Quoting MeanGreenVR4:
Dude I am pretty sure the parts were sent and I haven't got any parts back so byahhhh!!!!

I really do not understand you. You clearly either haven't checked your Paypal, or the Paypal account you were using wasn't your own. I have been given a full refund. The money is sitting in my account. I now effectively have the goods and the money and I was trying to offer you a way to reduce your loss.

This is about the best form of justice we get to see here in the bad guys forum. You've lost your turbo and when you get round to checking your Paypal you will realize you've also lost the $450. Oh and I'm done trying to help by the way. I'll give Darren the details of the two people I paid money to and suggest he only returns the turbo to one of them. So unless you really own those accounts (which I doubt), it's a long drive to Oklahoma to talk to Darren about it; and he's going to be real pleased to see you "Dude".

Byahhhh!!!!

Last edited:

Damn, I am getting my balls busted so hard on this forum. Yet all these sh*t parts im selling were from people on here. So damn odd that I am just too foolish to notice it was sh*t. I apologize to all those who I had misfortune with. I also had a manifold stolen from me from some guy up top and he had his money returned from paypal but I never got my parts. But my life isnt consumed with working for bullshit material things. Everyone should quit bitching so much.

desant78

I'm not complaining about quality. I never received the part and decided to take action way to late. So I'm out the money, and no part. That has nothing to do with any member on this forum.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned