The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Best aftermarket manifold to turbo bolts available?

thedsmguy

I would assume ARP are good but maybe not? I think they are stainless which may or may not be good, anyone have some opinions on other possible brands/places to buy them?

Thanks.

524of1000

I used the ARP's on my 16g. I will say this, They never broke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

jepherz

Staff member
The ARPs I have are not stainless and I'd think only a fool would use stainless in that high temp situation. The ARPs were also junk as far as I'm concerned. I personally stick to a fresh set of 2g bolts and washers.

curtis

I personally took my manifold and opened up all the mounting holes larger then drilled and tapped the turbine housing and replaced the bolts with 1/2 x 13 heat treated allen heads. I used the bolts and washers that factories and such around here buy that come in the serial numbered boxes so if they have a failure it can be addressed. They were cheap and I used just a one piece cnc cut stainless gasket off ebay and torqued them down to like 100 ft pounds of something like that. Never stretched and never had a leak problem with them.

Terry Posten

I'm with Jeff. Get factory hardware from JNZ Tuning and call it a day.

Barnes

Don't forget the high temp nickle based anti-seize. In my opinion that is where you are really gonna save yourself the hassle. Only problem is you'll probably have to order that type of anti-seize.

turbofonz

If you want some ARP ones, I have some brand new never used ones here.

Never used them, only OE.

Quoting Barnes:
Don't forget the high temp nickle based anti-seize. In my opinion that is where you are really gonna save yourself the hassle. Only problem is you'll probably have to order that type of anti-seize.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

If you can't get the nickle stuff, you can use copious amounts of the copper with success as well. And I mean coat that bolt. Not just the threads, top to bottom, and the washer too.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned