The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cams

i am puttting a new head in and i figured i might as well go all out and put new cams also but i dont know what cams i sould buy if anybody has any reconmendations please leave a link for me. thank you

thecman02

Without knowing what your goals or mods are, I would say HKS272 is a safe an all around good cam.

BC272 cams are nice as well. Are you replacing the valve springs/retainers too?

GSX_TC

BC 272's? ive heard lots of bad things from many reputable shops about those, Great cams are FP2's IMHO because there the most aggresive without having to upgrade the valvetrain, plus they have an outstanding Reputation aswell

Last edited:

I've heard mixed things about BC cams but mostly good stuff. Damn, oh well I'll be getting myself some Kelford cams soon here then.

GSX_TC

Kelfords are good too, i heard they have THE most aggresive 272's out there, their 272's are like 280's. Upgrading the Valvetrain is a must with those cams.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned