The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NO Throttle resaponse NOT a boost leak

yeti

So the intake pipe from the turbo popped off and would not idle or even let you put any throttle input on it. So I popped the hood and put the intake pipe on.

Now its doing the Exact same thing and there's no boost leaks.

Everytime you go to hit the throttle the car dies down and then will rev up maybe a couple hundred rpms .

I'm just wondering what would cause this other than a boost leak?

MPI?
TPS?
Injectors, or fuel pump?

Nartanian

Did you do a boost leak test?

yeti

Yea sorry for not adding that in.

I'm actually doing it right now and it hold 10 psi for about 30-45 sec.

Obly leak is from injector seal?

I'm thinking fuel pressure? Maybe?

Oh yeah all of this happened out of the blue I was driving and then all the sudden at the stop light, when I went to go at the green light my car just stalled and then restarted to more bogging and more nonsense

OMFGeofffff

Yea I was just going to suggest your MAF plug. Don't you have ecmlink? Figure out a way to post a log.

yeti

I unplugged the maf and it actually ran better enough to get me out of the way of traffic, that's the first thing I tried. I'm away from link now and am trying to get it.

Anyway to manually check maf

14u2nV

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif seriously, a thread a day... BUY A MANUAL, read it front to back. After that, search for your issues. After that, take it to someone who knows. After that, sell it. I really do get the impression that you are just a troll?

OMFGeofffff

Try a different maf. It sounds weird that performance changed after unplugging the maf. It could be bad. You could try cleaning it too. Research how to do it though you'll probably f*** it up haha.

yeti

Jesus lord its hard to hold my tounge..........

Would a maf from a 2g work? I don't. Think it will.

Thanks.for the advice.....

Ok no more tounge holding

You want to give me money to take it to someone more expierenced.

I can tell you one thing it drives WAY better than when I bought it.
So how the hell am I a troll. I'm stuck on the side of the road. How's this my fault. I stopped at a stop light and next thing I was stalled.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting yeti:
I unplugged the maf and it actually ran better enough to get me out of the way of traffic, that's the first thing I tried. I'm away from link now and am trying to get it.

Anyway to manually check maf

This proves that it is fuel, but not necessarily that the MAF itself is bad. I'm still not convinced you don't have a boost leak.

BPU925

is the check engine light on?...if it is go see wat code its giving...im sure if its running this bad it has to have a code...

jepherz

Staff member
When the MAF is unplugged, it will have a code for sure. What about when it's plugged in? Pre-OBDII cars don't have much feedback, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was no CEL.

yeti

should i get a 2g maf sensor and plug it in

also will a maf sensor off of a 1g dsm non turbo work?

im gonna try the 2g maf now does it just plug into my sensor plug or will i need the plug with it?

should i just buy new wires to check if those are good.

and how would i tell if the maf sensor plug is good?

Last edited:

SouthCaliVR4

get on your link set up & look for megahertz reading for the maf, should vary with throttle. also look for intake air temp reading, incorporated in the maf. as long as you have both your maf is probably working. look for any leaks between the maf & turbo. there are two lines on the back 9firewall side0 of the intake tube above the trans, make sure those are hooked up, they come off easy playing with the intake piping.

BPU925

you will have to wire in a 2g plug to run the 2g mas....theres a how to on the vfaq.com......pretty simple

yeti

Ok I hooked up link and got code for 0012 volume air flow circuit malfunction.

The MAF Hz was at 457.7 Hz at 3252 rpms.

Intake temps are at 85*

What is this code saying exactly there's a signal failure from the mas to the ecu?

I CAN'T rev past 3k rpms either idk what is going on..

Only thing I can think of is maf is bad but I don't know I got all the readings.

I should swap in a known good mas to check right.

And I searched this code ended up being a bad coil for cylinders 1 and 4

yeti

Oh and my tps sensor sometimes completely goes dead on dsmlink like for instance I was revving up to 3200 which is as far as it would let me and then all the sudden the 0% throttle response came back and droped the cars revs everytime I touched the throttle.

It threw a tps code and it definatly feels like what's been happening.

I'm going to swap in a known good tps then go for the maf sensor.

Anyway to get the lower tps screw out without removing the fuel rail??

524of1000

Sounds like your MAF is dead.To run a 2g MAF you will need either an adapter harness or to wire in the 2g MAF plug. VFAQ it. If you swap MAFs you will need to tune for it as well. Especially with the stock 450's you'd be running too much air for the injector iirc.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned