The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

gas door s-shaped metal clip

kitcho

i was filling up with gas yesterday and i accidentally knocked a clip off of some part of the gas door assembly. it is an S-shaped clip and one has some black on it. Now the gas door won't pop open. if someone has a pic (or details) as to where this clip is reinserted it would be much appreciated.

ggsxkid

can you open it with the key? the latch on my car is broke and it pops out of its place sometimes, and at this point i have to open it with the key. s shaped? im still no sure what your talking about, i know thers a clip that holds the lock cylinder in the gas door /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

atc250r

Staff member
You need to download CAPS. It shows you the part and where it goes. I can't get out to the car right now to take a pic or I would.

John

kitcho

thanks for the replies

i don't think my mac will run caps. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/frown.gif

if anyone has or would take a pic of the gas door it would be greatly appreciated. i think i am missing a piece.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
There is an improved design available that came out in the mid to late '90s, so might be worth getting a new one. I will try to get you the pn. No working CAPS on this pc.

I may have one around.

MMCVR4

Here you go MB642442 (05096) Supersedes to MR970563

Last edited:

kitcho

thanks for the help everyone.

14u2nv, thanks for the pictures.

because of your picture, i figured out that i broke the plastic clip that holds the metal "S" in place.

Terry Posten

I have a white complete door if you need a new one.

LMK if you want it.

kitcho

Quote:
Here you go MB642442 (05096) Supersedes to MR970563

just so we're clear the part number MR970563 is for the plastic clip that holds the S-clip in place, not for the metal S-clip which i still have.

thanks

edit: i circled the part i need

Last edited:

MMCVR4

The part number MR970563 is for the plastic clip that holds the S-clip in place AND for the metal S-clip which you still have. It is only sold like how it looks on the parts catalog.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
As mentioned, all one piece. And it will be slightly different than the original. the improved design eliminates the clip falling off when it flexes (which the early ones can do).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts