The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

90 Oil Cooler

Hertz

Staff member
Can someone identify what the tab is adjacent to the filter port on the 90 cooler?

It is broken in this pic, but I'm not sure it is a necessary piece.
img.php

OldHairyBastard

It almost looks like it is just a bad casting. My filter doesn't have that on it.

toybreaker

iconoclast
I think it was a tab for a harness clip to keep the oil pressure switch/sender wiring harness from getting fouled up in the accessory belts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That style has the extra small port on the bottom side for the oil pressure gauge sensor. That broken piece had a hole to attach a clip to hold the harness for the gauge sensor. Not normally used on a GVR4, but you could.

CP

You don't need that tab. I broke it off of my last one too. Don't worry about it; it serves no purpose.

OldHairyBastard

What car/motor did that come off of? What is the part #? I just want to see which one is cheaper from the dealer and if they are still available.

CP

Brand new from JNZ for around $60.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
MD132912 is the one that has the extra sender hole tapped and has that bracket. I bought a new one maybe 1.5 years ago.

3Diamond

Does caps even have the 90's oil filter housing? I couldn't find it when i was looking for the hose part#'s.

OldHairyBastard

Thanks. It makes it nice and easy to just ask for the part number.

Quote:
MD132912 is the one that has the extra sender hole tapped and has that bracket. I bought a new one maybe 1.5 years ago.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quote:
Does caps even have the 90's oil filter housing? I couldn't find it when i was looking for the hose part#'s.

Yes, it does. Section 12-110, item 04102A. Then select by the date of production. The 90 style is the first part listed.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
This is the harness that clips on there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts