The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g mas

hey fellas, i tried searching about this but i cant seem to find the answer i am looking for. I have a Stock 92 gvr4, and i want to get rid of the stock setup and get a 2g mas. Can i just remove the stock setup and get the plug and play harness for the 2g mas and just plug and play? or is there more to it? will i need anything else if i do this?

The 2G MAS puts out an airflow signal 29% lower than the stock MAS, so you also need some way to correct for that, or the car will be WAY lean. You will also need some kind of adapter, as the 2G MAS has an oval-shaped inlet, not the 3 1/8" round inlet like the stock MAS. Another option is to get the 3G #482 MAS which has the same round inlet. But, in any case you need to do something about the very lean condition. PM me if you need a chip.

boostx

i have the plug and play harness for the 2g mas to 1G

mmc_gsx

I'm gonna get one for my colt gt, What do I nee d to correct the signal?

spartan

You need some type of fuel control device, be it a keydiver chip (my recomendation), and safc, or dsmlink. There are many different models, you just need to decide what you are going to do with the car to decide what is right for you...

mmc_gsx

Im going to use 2g maf for my colt, I asume that the colt is same as the 1g maf when it comes to wiring? I've also searh to the vfaq locator.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts