The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone have datalogging software? :Update!:

a2vr4

After extensive searching both on here and the w.w.w. i have not been able to find a pc-based datalogging software for free download. I tried tunerstein, but it didn't work because i'm not registered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif and i couldn't find a way to get registered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif. so as a last ditch effort i'm posting here. Please someone help me out. Thanks,
~Brian

Last edited:

a2vr4

the reason this i am so aggravated is i have now bought a set of 4 adapters(just for the female/female db9)$25, a null/modem adapter(to use with my laptop loggercable)$10, and palmlogger cable$30, none of these worked with my palm100m with both palmn'stein and mmcd on it (running the correct operating software e.i. palm os). so im just trying to get my laptop working on the cheap until i can afford something nicer. thanks again!

MMCD

downlaod and have fun. I use to have tunerstein and it worked. But I'm not sure if they still have the software released publicly

a2vr4

i already tried that. also isn't mmcd just for palm?

a2vr4

thats twice on the same thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

speedyvr4

damm. I'm really slow today. I'm gonna have to upgrade my PC from a 14b to a 20g or something... Sorry for the double post. If all else fails, I have it on CD. send me a self stamped cd envelope and I'll burn you up a copy. PM me if interested.

a2vr4

thanks launch, i'm trying it was i type!
also i tried mmcd again. no go.

Last edited:

Launch

If you have any questions with the PalmOS setup send me a PM and I'll try to help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
GL

Here is the complete "mmcd v18g" data logger software:
MMCD v18g

here is the Complete latest "Palm OS Emulator", so you can simulate palm os on your PC and use mmcd with laptop:
Palm OS Emulator

and here is also complete "TunerStein DataLogger" for data logging directly with laptop:
TunerStein DataLogger

Hope these would be useful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

a2vr4

thanks Jeff!

eviLntt

Maybe this should be made into a sticky? Or moved to the How To section.... or maybe a sticky in the how To section?

a2vr4

So with the TMO software, i got the logger to connect, but no data was recognized. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I'm now pretty sure that my diagnostic port is messed up in some way. (due to the fact that both my palm logger and laptop have connected with out receiving data.) Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your input.

a2vr4

Thats what im planing on doing next, just seeing if anyone has had a similar problem before...

belize1334

Are you using a serial-usb adapter? If so, many of them will give a basic connection but not allow for actual logging. Theres a specific one that you need to get which seems to work where others fail. I'll see what it is when I get home tonight.

Edit: Mine is a Keyspan usa-19hs. I got it because it has the widest range of programable options. When I plugged it in, though, I didn't have to adjust anything. The stock configuration worked perfectly, so in retrospect I don't actually know what makes this one work where others don't, but it does.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts