The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

springs, Whiteline, H&R, other?

Wilfongtsi

How much does each lower our VR4'S? Whats a good price for them? Going to be run with KYB AGX's.

PolskiVR4

I know the H&Rs lower it 1.4F and 1.3R. Tirerack sells them.

boostedinaz

It will always vary from car to car. I just put Whitelines on my car and it dropped an inch all the way around, but seems to be settling a bit lower. Here are a few pics.

I sell Whiteline's but it's tough to keep them in stock. Sometimes it can take up to 3 months.

I put the H&R's on about a year and a half ago.I got them from the Tire Rack and they were reasonably priced.They look great and improve the ride.The only thing I did not like is that the rear of the car still sits higher than the front.I don't know if the Whitelines are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

boostedinaz

When I looked I found that the H&R's for the most part would sit somewhat uneven. All the cars with Whitelines sat nice and even so I waited for those and I am pretty happy. Mine does, but it does sit a bit higher than I would like, but I may experiment with some different upper mounts and see what those do heigth wise.

I can get side shots up later tonight if you want.

Wilfongtsi

Sure, also what size rims and tires you runnin?

boostedinaz

Here it is.

Last edited:

TakumiJr

My H&R and AGX sit pretty well I think

galant.jpg

galant2.jpg

which has a stiffer spring rate, h&r or whiteline? i would like to get my car a stiff as possible without going to coilovers 9im not that rich yet).

boostx

Quote:
My H&R and AGX sit pretty well I think

hey TakumiJr
did you cut the springs for the back

TakumiJr

Quote:
hey TakumiJr
did you cut the springs for the back

Nope, but in the picture it has a full tank of gas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

galant344

i just installed H&R springs w/ AGX'S and they last weekend, and the rear didn't really change at all. i'm thinking maybe they need some break in time? if they don't change soon i'm going to have to start cutting at least a coil i'm thinking to get the rear end a little lower!!

You will have to cut the coil out. the agx's sit the spring up a tad higher wich is why the H&R AGX combo sits funny. with Gvr4 specific rear struts they would have sat level or closer to.

Of course finding Gvr4 specific rears...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Myles

I just got a set of used kyb's with eibach springs. I'm pretty sure it's the 1 inch drop. Some people in another thread said that they may ride to low. Does anyone know about that setup?

PolskiVR4

Quote:
You will have to cut the coil out. the agx's sit the spring up a tad higher wich is why the H&R AGX combo sits funny. with Gvr4 specific rear struts they would have sat level or closer to.

Of course finding Gvr4 specific rears...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I'm pretty sure there are GVR4 specific AGXs. Check tirerack.

No they are tel specific & you'll find they happen to fit thus the listing however, the spring perch is higher on the tel struts.

I did some checking against my stockers when I had them out.

skivittlerjimb

The spring perch difference on the TEL KYB AGXs that we use for GVR4s actually lowers the car a bit, IIRC. Not much, but it's something to be aware of. Since TELs are lighter than GVR4s, some folks don't care for the way the rear AGXs damp the car, especially with stiffer springs. I've found them to be very livable for both street and track with 220 lb/in rear springs.

I have a set of unused Whiteline springs, NIB, that'll be going in a For Sale thread soon. PM me if you have interest.

-Jim B.
280/1000
1432/2000

Can I buy that car back from you Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ? I should have never sold it, I'm having trouble finding one as clean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Quote:
Here it is.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned