The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

double check my turbo accessories order

fastasleep

Alrighty, I finally took the plunge and bought a ported MHI Evo3 16G, woot!

So, Im in the process of making a list of all the little accessories that I'll need so that I don't end up doing this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif in the middle of the install. The turbo is coming with a turbo-manifold gasket, so thats the only one I won't need.

Heres what I think I need to order so far:

- 4 turbo bolts (mine are old and nasty, not to mention Im only using 3 right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif)
- 8 turbo bolt washers (2 per bolt)
- Oil and coolant line crush washers (how many and what size? Ill be using the stock lines)
- turbo-jpipe gasket
- turbo-O2 housing gasket
- 3in downpipe-O2 housing gasket
- 2 oil drainline gaskets

Did I forget anything? Is there ONE vendor that I can buy all this stuff from? JNZ sells the turbo bolts, but they dont sell the copper crush washers from what I can see. Thanks in advance guys

Polish

Call JNZ on the phone, they sell it all and you will get the best deal.

There are also tiny washers that go on the bolts for the return line to the pan, JNZ sells them for like 5 cents each.

Other than that your list is good. Just tell them you need all the Oil/Coolant crush washers. You don't need to know the size.

CP

Get new oilpan bolts for the drain line (they can get trashed when removed), and the washers that go with those. JNZ will know what all you need.

fastasleep

JNZ talked me through everything I needed over the phone. Only $40 shipped for everything; not too bad.

jepherz

Staff member
You may want to upgrade your oil feed line too? If so, you'll need a line kit as well as the bolt to block off the oil feed hole on the head.

^ I also read somewhere that MHI or Turbochargers.com won't honor the warranty for a turbo that hasn't had the oil lines replaced. Not that they would actually fix it or take care of the customer anyways

True. You have to have a reciept for a new oil feed line if you want to have any hopes of getting a turbo warrantied.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts