The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

studderbox boost

fastasleep

I was just wondering if I should be seeing boost while Im on keydiver's studderbox around 5k rpm. I think Im around -5mmHg vac /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I know it's a revlimiter, not anti-lag, but is that normal?

Im seeing around 4-5psi on my boost gauge...launch controlset at 5k rpm as well.

jepherz

Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it, being that you don't have antilag. The important thing would be that at 5000 rpm, you're flowing enough gas to spool right up when the motor is put under load. Every setup is going to be different.

steve

I always saw positive pressure on the studderbox. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4Grim

Mine is set a 5500rpms.I see around 7lbs of boost when the stutterbox is engaged.

atc250r

Staff member
The smaller the turbo the more boost you will see.

John

steve

So I should have seen about 15psi.

JB

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

fastasleep

No, actually I wasn't at WOT when I looked at my boost gauge. I suppose that could effect it. Im on the 14b for what it's worth.

Polish

Put it to the floor and let it bounce for a few seconds, it should make boost on a 14b easily.

fastasleep

The thought of doing that scares me, but ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I guess I've gotta do it sooner or later. Some smack talking GTi wants a piece /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

slugsgomoo

i was making about 10psi on the box with the evo3, but I think my clutchwire is screwed up because it stopped working. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I make 8 psi on my small 16G at 5k, if that help anyone. I will know what it makes on a 14b this weekend.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts