The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Non ABS prop Valve

Gordian79

is this the one i need?
it doesnt let me add link with parts so look under 1990 Galant GSX PRESSURE metering valve.

Last edited:

CP

You can get the 1G non-abs valve (like I have) from JNZ for $55...brand new.

Gordian79

How's the braking on the GVR4 with the 1g prop valve?hey if jnz has it ill get it then.Do they also have the lines?i was also thinking of one of the wilwood ones that i use in my drag car but then theres cutting and flaring involved.

CP

I can't comment cuz my brakes are far from stock, but it should be fine. It works for me on the track, with little rear lockup during threshold braking.

I also got the 2 long lines that go from the prop valve to the wheel wells from JNZ. The two short lines from the booster to the prop valve are no longer available and need to be sourced from a donor car.

DSMTurbo2

Quote:
You can get the 1G non-abs valve (like I have) from JNZ for $55...brand new.

One thing I was wondering though. Does the fwd non abs prop valve work, or does it have to be AWD? the one I grabbed was an AWD but it might be worth noting; as I recall they are different right?

CP

The weight bias is different in a FWD vs AWD (1G or Galant). Obviously the AWD cars are heavier (additional weight added by the rear drivetrain), but are also better balanced (proportion of weight front to rear) than a FWD car is. Thus the prop valves for those two cars probably have a different bias proportion built in. I'd try to get a 1G AWD valve if I were you.

If people have a problem with spending $55 on a critical safety item (or anything related to the braking system) then maybe they shouldn't own a car. Cheap, worn out, and mis-used parts can kill you. Don't get me started on snow tires for safety in the winter/snow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

JB

Your title should read Captain Safety.

CP

Shat up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I guess it's hard to understand until you watch a car flip end over end at a racetrack, land on it's roof and then watch the driver crawl out a smashed window, or survey the remains of a new C6 Vette that just spun into a wall and killed itself. Or get your own car sideways at 80mph in the rain, and then telling yourself to back off because if you hit something, the car is going to crumple like an empty can of beer. When you see how seriously all these clubs take the safety aspect, you gain an appreciation for the corner workers, ambulence drivers, event organizers, and the other drivers around you. When things go very awry at the track in the street car, bad things usually happen.

V8EATER

I have run a used 1g FWD prop valve from a 92 1.8 liter for almost 4 years with no problems. ever. I've had panic stops, no rear lockup. I don't track my car, but if I did, I would buy new, or go to a custom setup like the wilwood. just my .02

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts