The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel on intake manifold

steve

I noticed a bit of gas puddled on top of my manifold. I assume there's a leak at one of the injectors. Is it going to be the top o-ring that would leak gas? If the bottom were leaking, it would be air right?

ken inn

most of the time, the fuel is under really high pressure. it can be squirting out, hitting the top of the hood, and puddling. this is SO dangerous. maybe energizing the fuel pump lead in the engine bay and looking around might help you find it, but man, sparks, etc, with the hood open, if the spray is fine enough, it will explode

atc250r

Staff member
Yeah, its probably the top seals. You can run the pump with the logger and if you need to you can pinch off the fuel return and that'll put a lot of pressure in the system.

John

steve

Thanks guys I will look at it ASAP.

JNR

Just don't be this guy, chacking under there

young_middle.jpg

I imagine you've done it before, but the O-rings/seals are easy enough to change...just use plenty of lube (dielectric grease, etc.), to keep them from tearing...

atc250r

Staff member
Yeah, he just did them not too long ago which makes me wonder why they are leaking. Let us know how you make out Steve.

John

steve

Good news is I found it. Its the #1 (? closest to drivers side) injector pissing from the top seal. Now I have to source a new one with the quickness. Thanks again everyone. One more problem/solution for the archives. I couldn't find this problem when I did a search. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JNR

Denso or FIC/PTE injectors?

I sourced my stuff locally and here's what it comes out to:

Denso only uses one (1) large @ 12mmOD/8mmID x 2.5mm Thick; the FIC (and imagine PTE) uses two O-rings, one large like the denso and a smaller one underneath that acts like a spacer: .450"OD/.210ID x .075 thk

I have some, but would be impractical to ship them, I'd think...

steve

They Evo8 injectors, so Denso. I think I need MD614805 based on this thread but I don't see that listed on the JNZ site. They have the insulator (MD087060) that goes in the head, and the small o-ring that goes on the injector (MD614813). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Actually, I will order the o-ring that goes on the injector too, in case that is torn. But I want to order the MD614805 too.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve

Yeah right? Charles thread scares me. I've got JNZ on the phone, he said the top piece ( called the "injector sheet" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif ) doesn't really seal anything, its probably the o-ring. I ordered the o-rings since they were in stock. We'll see if thats the problem.

atc250r

Staff member
Go directly to Home Depot and get a small fire extinguisher before you head home.

John

Polish

I tried ordering everything new from Erik at JNZ when I put my 510's in. I asked for all 3 injectors seals/orings/whatevers and the rail isolators. He said there were only 2 per injector, the top oring and the lower seal in the head. Well I knew there were 3 because I had an injector with 3 on it. Anyway I just agreed on the 2. When I went to put them in I just used the black insulators/seals that were on the top of the 510's already. I did install new Orings, Rail isolators, and lower head seals though. So it seems the top things are reuseable. Well they better be because if mine leak after all this I will not be a happy camper.

steve

Quote:
Go directly to Home Depot and get a small fire extinguisher before you head home.

John

I left work real early today (before your post), but I'll be swiping the extinguisher from under the kitchen sink until I get these parts in.

steve

Crisis averted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The O-ring on that injector must have gotten pinched and torn. I replaced all 4 for good measure. Took it for a ride and the idle feels more stable. Maybe tomorrow I can set up the baseline on the SAFC.

img.php

atc250r

Staff member
OUCH! Good thing you noticed it Steve.

John

GVR4ZUM

Whew! I'm glad you fixed it Steve. I'll be oredering mine soon.

steve

Ungrateful POS. Looks like the clutch slave cylinder sh*t the bed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

JNR

It's raining men! (you guys with wives, will know that Lifetime jingle)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts