The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GGSX steering rack/AC setup in a VR4

boostme

Theres a local 5speed GGSX and I'm trying to get some parts for my Vr4.. anything that I can salvage? Mainly axles, cyl head, and most importantly the P/S rack and air conditioning setup.. Any of those useful? Thanks

Last edited:

boostme

Thanks for the response..I pulled the AC components except for the dryer ($10 new on Rockauto) and condenser..it was missing a top row and a bottom. Figured I'd get a new one (damn junkyard is $$) but man I can't find any! Might have to go back and get it lol

The Rack alone is $60ish plus core and of course it leaks like a mofo. A rebuild kit and the rack are about the same price as a rebuilt/remanufactured one.

I'm tempted to take the driveshaft..but then I'd nev
er upgrade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Is the sending unit the same? Totally forgot bout that one!

Last edited:

Fuel pickup assy? It is slightly different but works fine. I think the flex line from hard pipe to pump was slightly different. Can't remember exactly. I think fuel tank float assy is the same.

boostme

Thanks for the response guys. I tried to remove the head but the exhaust header is cut off from underneath the car and I don't have a sawzall. It would probably get stuck on the way up so I passed.

But I did find some things for a 1G power steering rack rebuild kit if anyone is interested.

click

Detroit axle has 1G racks on Ebay for $193 with free shipping. $25 core charge and free label for return on the cores. I think that's a decent deal. Couldn't find it on their website last time.

click

boostme

Went to pull some axles off the GGSX. I'm not sure if they are different from being LSD or whatever, but rear axles are different.

Good thing I can return them. BuT if some one needs these for their GGSX, let me know before I return them and they scrap them FOREVER

For anyone wondering which is which, the GGSX are the shorter axles in the pic. The long ones are off a 3 bolt auto LSD.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned