The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Purchasing a VR4

Hello everyone, this is my first post on here. I found a 1991 Galant VR4 for sale near me and was looking for opinions on the car, I'll be adding the pictures and information on the ad.

I have no experience with these cars, and will take all of your concerns into consideration.

"1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4. #1915/2000. Ontario plates and registered in my name and easily transferable. Runs and drives great, still pulls hard. 200k miles on the odometer, originally a US car. 1 of 2000 exported in 91.

Was used as a summer daily by me in Ontario. Interior is in good shape. Exterior panels are basically rust free. Underneath is about as good as it gets for a car this year.

Manual AWD turbo. Rally heritage. This was the STI and the Evo of its era.

KYB AGX adjsutable Shocks. Eibach springs. SS brake lines. 3g lifters. Coil on plug setup. Forged SSR competition rims. Full 3 inch exhaust. Trailing arm bushings done, rear wheel bearings done, dual ignition mod, timing belt replaced all within the last 10k.

Have an extra set of freshly powder coated 16” speed line rims for the car. Rear 2g lsd with 4 bolt axles ready to install. Evo3 big 16g turbo, 550cc injectors and a 2g manifold ready to be dropped in. Extra head and short block."

He's looking for $4,000 CAD, or trades. I'm looking to trade my 1991 Mazda Miata with similar mileage and condition. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, and I've never seen one of these for sale here. I'm a big fan on unique cars and would really like to pick this thing up. I haven't gone to look at it yet, I'll make my final decision after that. Thanks in advance for reading.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If the car is not rusty, runs/drives well and seems well put together, it looks like a good value for what he is asking. OF course as you mentioned, judge the condition in person.

gvr4ever

Valve cover and timing belt cover are not stock. Could have had a engine swap at some point. Not a problem if it was done right.

raptorWagon

Quote:
Underneath is about as good as it gets for a car this year

^ This is a sign you need to inspect the underbody for rust and severe cancer yourself. It's not difficult to find a car with a clean under carriage, it just depends on the location of where the car is located (areas where they salt the roads, result in Rusty everything for example).

Last edited:
I've now looked at the car, its clean for the most part, but the rockers need a bit of attention. Interior is really nice, # out of 2000 is still on the dash, runs fine, I took it for a little drive, works well.

transparentdsm

I know this is a little late, buy If you do buy it, don't hold any truth to what was said about the timing belt.. change it and all it's components. Also open up the front door and check the gap behind the fender at the base, it is a large pocket and can create rust very easily. Also look at the bottom of the doors where the cladding meets for rust.

Last edited:
Quoting transparentdsm:
I know this is a little late, buy If you do buy it, don't hold any truth to what was said about the timing belt.. change it and all it's components. Also open up the front door and check the gap behind the fender at the base, it is a large pocket and can create rust very easily. Also look at the bottom of the doors where the cladding meets for rust.

I just picked it up tonight. When I went to look at it there was some rust under the dog leg covers, but not the whole rockers. And one spot behind the passenger wheel well. Nothing that isn't fixable, it's an all stock body panel car which is nice.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts