The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Manual Conversion Requirements

agedJDMturbos

hey everyone , i live down under (New Zealand) where JDM imports is all we get an i enjoy the Old Turbos from the late 80's and 90's to much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I have recently come across a Auto e39a VR4 and would like to know whats required to make it Manual .
Can or does any one have the answers ?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
A few have done it the other way here, as the US only received manual versions. Some of the engine mounts are different, of course the trans and collecting all the pedal and shifter parts.

Aren't there enough vehicles available to make it a better choice to just get a manual version?

fuel

NZ: converts auto cars to manual.
US: converts manual cars to automatic.

tektic

I converted an auto e39a to manual. All the mounts and brackets are different. the front lower cross member is different. The car is even shaped different on the drivers side where the upper mount bolts in. I had to cut and weld my own bracket for this spot. the axle shaft that bolts to the block for the drivers side axle is different. Then you have to buy a clutch flywheel starter plate and get shifter cables a manual pedal assembly and a shifter... not to mention the trans transfer case and a rear diff with matching gear ratios.

If i had to do it all over again I would have upgraded the auto trans and left it alone. Car would have been faster and cost less. With much less hassles.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts