The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Getting out of DSM(s) but want to keep any relevant parts for my GVR-4

4dr_vr4

I have a few 1g DSM(s) laying around (1gb FWD and 1gb AWD) that I am going to part out and get rid of. Before getting rid of them I want to make sure that I am not missing anything that would work on my GVR-4.

I know that there an infinite amount of parts that won't and will interchange but I want to make sure that I don't forget anything that could come in handy at a later date. Want to get whatever I can since I got burnt pretty bad on one of the DSM(s) and I am trying to reduce my losses.

I know that the list will be subjective since you don't know what each of the vehicles has or doesn't have.

Some things that come to mind are:

4-bolt rear
Cylinder head
6 bolt bottom end
Windshield Washer Bottle...(for more intake room)
Mishimoto Radiator (yes I know that some fab work will be required along with 1g thermo housing)
Door switches
Speedo cables
Shifter
ECU
Black top CAS
FWD lowering springs on KYB struts
Cross drilled and slotted rotors (not so sure I'd move over used stuff but better than my rusty stockers at this point)
Pedal Covers
Coil Pack
Ignition Module
Throttle Body
Fuel Pumps (Do a quick check to see if aftermarket)
Alternators
PS Pump (not sure if is the same as a GVR4)

Am I missing anything? Feel like I am.

Thanks.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

Fuses, relays, resistors, noise condensers, harnesses that connect and seal properly with at least 6" pigtails on each side. If it's awd the rear spindles. The driveshaft is different, but 2 out of 3 sections are the same. Front and rear subframes. Calipers, caliper brackets, e-brake cable holders. ABS sensors if you still have ABS.

4dr_vr4

Thanks for that...great points! In part, so many degraded harnesses on my GVR4.

transparentdsm

For sure. I buy, build and part a lot of 1gs so that is kinda my list. Not sure if it was on your list, but front axles and half shaft.

4dr_vr4

They weren't but thanks! Half shaft?

Oh and DSM steering wheel. I think they are a bit smaller so would probably weigh less but might block my view of the instrument cluster.

thomcasey

Also front and rear knuckles with hubs if you are looking to go 5-lug.

transparentdsm

Quoting 4dr_vr4:
They weren't but thanks! Half shaft?

Oh and DSM steering wheel. I think they are a bit smaller so would probably weigh less but might block my view of the instrument cluster.

The half shaft is the solid shaft that gets bolted to the engine on the driver's side. The steering wheel fits good and looks good to boot.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts