The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Reviving my GVR4

rocket_b

Hey guys. My name is Justin I am 21 years old and I finally got my dad to sell me his VR4 which he is the original owner of. 1944 of 2000. 1991 in black. Unfortunately the car is in mildly rough shape. But I grew up in this car. And I want to bring it back to its former glory. I have a bit of a rough idle that I am working on figuring out but haven't found it yet. The car has 164,000 miles, never rebuilt and original turbo! The car is all stock except for the transmission. At 67,000 miles it was swapped for a getrag 5 speed. My plan is to get the car to 300whp or so. I have a 2009 Subaru Sti that made 517whp on 90 octane with meth but it keeps blowing up and now I'm in a legal battle with the shop that did the work. So I'm going to build this myself so I know it's done right. Any suggestions on where to look for the idle and just on working on the car in general are welcomed and appreciated. Also any info on rear steering delete. Trying to decide if I want to get rid of it or not.

Snook1345

there are alot of build threads on here for your power goal, mine is about the same goal as yours

going to wind up going evo3 16g for now w other bolt on goodies and dsmlink.

eventually going to bump to fp3052 w/ meth but not in the plans right now

rocket_b

Slight change in plans. I have a GTX3076R at the house that came off my Subaru a while back. T3 inlet 3" 4 bolt out. Is that going to be adaptable to the GVR4 or do I need a different configuration?

slugsgomoo

either run a t3 manifold, or buy the FP bolt on housing for the 30r. It's about the only bolt on setup that's ever been worth more than a subway sandwich. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts